Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

bhi EQ20B-DSP Noise Filter

KF4HR
KF4HR Member ✭✭
I'm curious if anyone has tried the new bhi Ltd ParaPro EQ20B-DSP Parametric EQ/DSP Filter with their Flex 6000 series transceiver?  And if so, was it able to increase readability and/or reduce atmospheric noise? 

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for the link.  Unless I'm missing something it looks like the bhi Dual In-Line Filter model works with powered speakers.  It would be great to hear more feedback from those that have tried the Dual In-Line Filter with their Flex.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    No, as it does not have line level audio output.  Both outputs are 8 ohm outputs.  I had to adapt them to drive powered speakers.  They were designed to drive standard un-amplified speakers. Otherwise the bhi DSP is very good at reducing noise.  Especially on SSB signals. The parametric EQ provides a wonderful improvement in ineligibility.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Pat, I assume you're referring to the bhi EQ20B-DSP unit?  (I recently noticed the bhi Dual In-Line DSP Filter does have a stereo line level output.) 
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    The original question I thought related to the EQ20B which does not have line level output.  Looked at the dual in line and you are correct, the spec states  line level.  Something that I wish they had done in the EQ20...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.