Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to recover from software crash ? Two red flashes on LED then reboot

Roland HB9VQQ
Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
This morning my 6600 (V3.1.7) will not boot anymore. The LED flashes red twice then reboots.
How can I recover the radio from this software crash ?

I upgraded to 3.1.7 a while ago, did not have any issues so far until now...

Thanks
Roland

Comments

• Roland HB9VQQ
    Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Strange, I did not touch the radio and all of a sudden the LED is steady green....
  • N4QM
    N4QM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I have seen strange things happen when the radio is expecting to find a network/internet connection and it's not immediately available when it boots up.  I wonder if that might have been part of the problem.

73, de N4QM
  • Roland HB9VQQ
    Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Would be helpful if there was some sort of a debug log to see whats happening during boot...
  • Roland HB9VQQ
    Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Although the LED is steady green after a reboot I still cannot connect with SSDR. When I start SSDR it connects to the Radio for a milisecond, then the Radio reboots and SSDR comes with no connection to Radio error message.

Does not look good. I guess I need to open a trouble ticket with FRS Support now.
  • Roland HB9VQQ
    Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Power supply; >12V and If you can watch the voltage while it's booting to make sure it has enough current capacity.
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Have you tried a full reset of the 6600?
  • Roland HB9VQQ
    Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I am currently working with support on this issue. Waiting for their instructions.
  • Roland HB9VQQ
    Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I am impressed , FRS Support fixed it while I had dinner :-) TNX Tim

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2019
    You're welcome, Roland.

• Steve Sterling
    Steve Sterling Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Also note these radios must have some form of Microsoft industrial version of operating system in them, with dot-net etc. I'm sure they have to do updates to keep them secure, unless not connected to the internet. I have seen mine pause quite a while on startup (calibrating for a longer than normal time), or even go through another startup boot-- and I assumed it was probably doing an OS type automatic update. My best guess anyway.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I left a comment on your Youtube.

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭

I have just updated to version 2.7.3 on the Flex 6600 and now have two flashing red leds which eventually reboots to solid green. However, invoking SDR the software comes up but there is nothing I can do, If I try for a profile it goes through the same routine again. I would be interested in the cure to this please? I did manage to get it working once by opening SDR in ADministrator mode, but then it closed again after a while.

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭

A factory reset managed to cure the above problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.