Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT8 On iPAD

13»

Comments

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    i'll download it. Thanks
  • DL8MRE
    DL8MRE Member
    edited October 2019
    Dark Theme is now supported in the new Version 3.6. which is available since yesterday.
  • DL8MRE
    DL8MRE Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes, that's a very good point and good to know. FT8 decoding (and encoding!) requires a lot of horse power and decoding and drawing the Panadapter as well so it might happen that slower iPads could get too slow when FPS and Rate values are too high resulting in a delayed FT8 encoding/decoding and if other stations are not close to DT0,0 they may fail decoding your signal or the other way round.

Again, good point and worth that I put this to the "Common issues" section of my Manual.

Thanks George!

Marcus, DL8MRE
  • DL8MRE
    DL8MRE Member
    edited October 2019
    The next version is already there Brian but you might have accidentally changed some settings which are preventing you from transmitting.

This can easily happen due to so many settings the App provides. The easiest way to get back to normal is to try the new Button I have introduced recently which can be found under Settings -> Show extended settings and is called "Restore default settings". Maybe it's worth a try.

• Brian_W9HLQ
    Brian_W9HLQ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for reply,. I will follow your suggestion when I get back to town
    --Brian
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Marcus, the DT's are much better. Thanks
  • Brian_W9HLQ
    Brian_W9HLQ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Marcus,  I installed the new version today and all is well.   The transmit does now work - I did not have to adjust any settings, just new program.  Thanks for a great program.  I can chase DX from the living room couch.
  • Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Marcus I’m new to using my iPad with your app which is really fantastic! But I also hate tuning on the iPad in any mode.are there devices that will interface with the iPad that make tuning easier? I’ve not been able to locate the correct model BLUETOOTH Griffin PowerMate.
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    On eBay, search for Griffin Bluetooth, there are several there. 
  • Reggie
    Reggie Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Marcus,

Do you have plans to add the mouse stroll capability in your Flex iPad app?

Thanks,

Reggie
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭

What am I doing wrong. I'm using 3 yr old ipad (7th gen) and have ver 3.9.12 of SmartSDR for ipad. It works fine. There is NO UPDATE or newer version on the apple store...no version 3.4 or 4.0??

Am I suppossed to enable FT8 on my v 3.9?

Tx for the help in advance

• gbo
    gbo Member, Unconfirmed
    Is there some errors using ipad via smartlink? I’m enjoying my FT8 mode with my ipad in local wifi network, but when connecting via smartlink ft8 not sending correctly. Receive and decode works ok but tx signal is distorting or something? No QSOs.
  • James Eastham Jr
    James Eastham Jr Member ✭✭

I’m having the same problem. Rx and decode working but transmit signal seem to start becomes distorted then shuts off. Tx was working fine a week ago but now dead.

• James Eastham Jr
    James Eastham Jr Member ✭✭

Got a brief email from Marcus who says the problem is due to wifi corruption in my LAN. Sure enough when I switched wifi source to cellular the problem went away. Now the question is will Marcus be able to write code that avoids the LAN problem or am I stuck with my crummy wifi provider and only using my iPhone via cellular wifi connection (expensive). I’m in rural NH and no wifi options. Only DSL via phone company who provides the worst modem I’ve ever used.

Ugh.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Applications (all, not just SmartSDR) depend on the network to work as it should. There really isn't anything an application programmer can do to resolve it. They just send and receive data from the 'IP STACK'. Just like dealing with your telephone company with making a phone call.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.