Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Updating to v 6.0

Options
Santiago Mejia HI8O
Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Today I downloaded the update to version 2.6, and it installed without issues, but when I was asked to update the radio I got the message below.

My radio is connected to the same network as my computer, and is directly connected to the network.

I´m using Flex 6300, Windows 7 PC.

Santiago

Answers

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    It appears you are connected via SmartLink.

"Radio Wan updates with SmartLink are not supported at this time."

"WAN" is the keyword there. Try connecting to the radio directly instead.

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options

If you are trying to upgrade the radio remotely, that is over a WAN, rather than locally over you LAN, you need to be on the same network as the radio. Remotely this upgrade can be accomplished by using a person VPN.

Jim, K6QE
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    Options
    That is weird, because I´m sitting on my shack PC and the radio is connected to the same network. Also weird is that I updated the firmware last week without getting that message and had to roll back due to a tx issue. I´ll keep trying.

Thanks Danny and Jim.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hmm... The radio and PC are on the same subnet? Check the IPs of both and make sure they are compatible (no conflicts, same gateway and netmask, etc.)
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Can you ping the radio from the PC?
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yes, ping working fine. Radio connected to same gateway and netmask and no apparent conflicts. Certainly a case study for me...let me put on some coffee.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Start up SmartSDR and click on your name at the top. Then click Logout. Then click on the < arrow at the top left.
    Do you see "Log In" at the top, and your radio listed below that?
    If yes, then that is the radio on the LAN (not SmartLink).
    Connect and update from here.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Thanks Danny. It keeps getting better and better.

When I do as you explain (log out of SmartLink), with 2.5.1 the radio is available and can connect perfectly, BUT when I start v 2.6 and do the same, I get no radio available. 

With 2.5.1

With 2.6 

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    In a perfect world :) you would see the radio listed the same way but there would be an Update button below. You've probably seen it too, when you updated to v2.5.1.

This lack of local communication also explains why SmartLink works and LAN doesn't. It makes no sense to me and I have no other suggestions to offer. Perhaps it's time to open a Helpdesk ticket?

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Yes, I´ve seen the update button. Even the first time I upgraded to Version 6, everything went smoothly and I rolled back for other reasons to version 2.5. In both cases I got the Upgrade and Downgrade button.

Will open the ticket. Thanks for everything.

Santiago
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Just for the record...I opened a ticket on this issue and with the help of Ken (NM9P) everything was solved and now I managed to update to v. 2.6.1 and SDR is seeing my 6300, whether I'm logged in or logged out in SmartLink.

Great help from Flex Support team.

Santiago  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.