Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

In 2.5.1 version not work USB CABLE BIT ( 6600 + maestro)

Mikhail
Mikhail Member
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
In 2.5.1 version don't work usb cable if I use setting "slice" A band 160 - not any bit activated. If I use setting Active Slice. Bit is beeing activated, but I would like use setting "slice".  Version 2.4.9 has worked well.image

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2019
    I have created a helpdesk ticket for this.
  • Hunter - K3IE
    Hunter - K3IE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Same problem here - just upgraded to 2.5.1 today
  • Eric Gruff
    Eric Gruff Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    This also occurs with version 3.0.27. I set up an external band filter that works beautifully with Active Slice selected, but when I set it up for Slice B (or any other slice) with everything else exactly the same, it doesn't work.

To help solve the issue - the cable interface thinks the slice is 0.00 MHz, because if I set it to a Slice with a Frequency Range of 0.00 to 0.00, it activates correctly.
  • Grant Kesselring
    Grant Kesselring Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I am also experiencing problems configuring USB Bit cables.  Here is my observation:

Running SSDR 2.5.1.
    I am connecting to two Sainsmart 12V usb relay boards to control two bandpass filters for SO2R operation.

A first usb cable is connected from Flex6600 to relay board.  The bit cable is configured on source TX Ant = ANT1 and Trigger=Band.

A second usb cable is connected from Flex6600 to second relay board.  The bit cable is configured on source TX Ant = ANT2 and Trigger=Band.

Now, if the first cable is enabled and the slice using TX Ant1 changes bands, the relay board will follow along properly.  If the second cable is enabled (the first is disabled) and the slice using TX Ant2 changes bands, the relay board will follow along properly.  However, if both cables are enabled at the same time (as shown in the pictures above) the relays do not follow band changes correctly at all.

• Mikhail
    Mikhail Member
    edited September 2019
    In 2.6 wrong present. 
    But in version 2.6. I was able to get a normally working setting when using the bit dependency on TX ANT
  • Grant Kesselring
    edited September 2019
    Mikhail, I've read through the posted cumulative SmartSDR v2.6.0 ChangeLog details, but did not see anything mentioned about USB Cables.  However, I will upgrade from v2.5.1 to v2.6.0 to see if the bug I'm observing has been fixed.  Again, I see no problems when using TX ANT as the source for the bit cable as long as only one slice is in use.  As soon as two slices are in use, the bit cables no long behave properly.  I'll report back with what I see using v2.6.0.
  • Grant Kesselring
    edited October 2019
    SmartSDR v2.6.0 has the same issue as well.  I will create a helpdesk ticket.
  • Grant Kesselring
    edited October 2019
    This is just a follow-up to the community that Ken NM9P helped me fix my USB bit cable issue.  When configuring a pair of Bit cables to be used to control a pair of BPF's for SO2R, here was the recommendation from Ken:

"The receiver is what is going to be changed first on either slice.  So you want it to track the receiver frequency on the desired antenna so that the Preselector will protect that receiver input.
    If you are only using one slice on each pan and antenna input, then there is no chance that you will be transmitting on a frequency band different from the one the receiver is set to on that antenna.  So everything is protected.

Also, having it track the TX frequency doesn't work, because it is only designated as the "TX Frequency" when that slice is selected as the TX slice.  

I'm not sure why source=Slice doesn't work.  I will report that, too."

In summary, these were the settings that worked for me:

• Mikhail
    Mikhail Member
    edited October 2019
    I am using the same settings.
  • Mikhail
    Mikhail Member
    edited December 2019
    Does it problem resolved in 3.XX version? Can anybody check this options - changing bit in usb cable depending on the slice only?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.