Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v3.1.7 Upgrade went smoothly

KF4HR
KF4HR Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Updated to v3.1.7 on both my Windows 7 and 10 desktops, and Maestro.  Everything went very smoothly and SmartControl is working perfectly.  Once again, big thanks to the Flex team!

Comments

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Same here, all went smoothly.  Hope thats the end of the Windows10 update/DAX issues
  • VA7BNB_Brent
    VA7BNB_Brent Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Make it three. Upgraded my Windows 10 Pro desktop without issue, Maestro and 6400 all nice and spiffy.
  • jwinner
    jwinner Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    GREAT UPDATE!!! MANY THANKS FLEX FOLKS!!! NO PROBLEMS! LOVE IT.

John K4NHK
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Same here , smooth very smooth no issues
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    A perfect update for me too....
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Update went smooth - kind off.
    It did place 3 shortcuts on my desk with just white boxes and name of them.
    Could not start with that shortcut. Tried to install twice with the same results.
    Installed 3rd time, but this time run as Administrator and all went smooth afterr that - all shortcuts showed and respomded properly.

One concern I have - on both Maestro and my LCD Monitor I have popups every 15-20sec - "Smart SDR Clien Connectied from IP 92.168.1.19".
    Does anyone esle getting the same? Pretty annoying.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Robby
    Robby Member
    edited September 2019
    Smooth as silk here with windows 10. No issues.

Robby 
    HP3SS
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I too had "0" Issues on Upgrading to v3.1.7.138.  SDR, CAT, DAX all updated just fine.  Followed the recommendations, that have been out there for sometime, and all went great.  I have System 7 and deleted the old file, "Unpinned" the Icons on Screen Taskbar, Restarted the Computer, Cold booted the rigs (6700 and 6600M).  Downloaded the Updated Software.  Turned on the 6700, Opened the SDR Software.  Re-Pinned the Icons on the Task Bar (DAX, CAT, SDR). Once all was loaded I selected the Upgrade Selection on the SDR Main Window and "Sat Back".  The 6700 and the Computer did the rest.   Then powered down the 6700 and Restarted the Computer.   I run my 6600M as a "Stand Alone Unit".  Once the reboot of the computer was completed I turned on the 6600M and waited for the Startup Prompts to appear.  On the second screen I select the 3.1.7 Software Label and as before I "Sat Back".   As stated before the Updated of the 6600M went without a hitch.  Follow FRS's Recommendation and you will NOT have any issues.  At least on System 7.  Been operating this AM on the 6700 and so far no issues.......  Great Job FRS!
  • Brent N9BC
    Brent N9BC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    My upgrades went fairly smoothly. With the exception of of the restart windows. For the very first time ever I received a Blue Screen with a fron in Windows 10. Page fault in non paged area (portcls.sys) then would reboot over and over. I had to power off the laptop then booted properly. I thought that was a little odd but chalked that up to the IT department issued computer. When I got home last night I did the install on my home computer guess what the exact same thing. I'm going to assume it was something with either the VAC or DAX update. Maybe someone from flex can speak to that. Other than that hiccup the upgrade went smoothly on my 6500.

-Brent N9BC
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Upgraded from 2.4.9 to 3.1.7 on a Windows 7pro desktop. Super easy with no install issues.

Otherwise the DAX issue #7578 which is where the DAX RX Gain sometimes does not sync has not been corrected.

Going between "smart control" and "multiflex" on a Maestro B caused the 6700 to lock up and require a reboot of the 6700.

Other observations: some older add-on programs will no longer work such as DDUTIL. This has already been well documented here and the fix is simply to D/L the new version of DDUIL. This issue holds true with SSDR 2.5 and above.

When switching bands with two slices open and going to another band with two slices, I notice less relays clacking.

Overall: two thumbs up to Flex. Thank you for continuing to improve our operating experience!!
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Upgrade to 3.1.7 went well. Only oddity is the RX EQ was set to flat, TX EQ stayed as before. Don't need many of the new features, but the reduced network traffic with compressed audio is appreciated.  Thanks Flex dev. team.
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    My upgrade for my 6600M went smooth also.  I love the Smartcontrol.  IMO, it's the best feature that has been added to the software ever.  I mainly use the radio from my computer with my Flexcontrol knob so this is like having a big Flexcontrol knob.

The other day I was trying to think of what else I would like to see in the software and couldn't think of anything.  What a surprise this release was. 

Thanks Flex.  Keep the surprises coming.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.