Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RJ-USB6000 Desperately Needed WTB

Dawg Fan
Dawg Fan Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I desperately need the Ameritron part number RJ-USB6000 to interface my 6500 to the ARI 500 connected to my ALS 1300 amp. These cables are not in stock at MFJ nor HRO. If you have one surplus to your needs please contact me at N5TF at Yahoo don't com.

Answers

• Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I ordered one a week ago but, as you said, they are back ordered.
  • Dawg Fan
    Dawg Fan Member
    edited November 2019
    I called MFJ and they don't know when more may be produced.
  • stu
    stu Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    easy to make .. i use it with my 6400 and als-1300 .. you need this cable ..

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ftdi/c232hm-edhsl-0/?qs=EB8w3yL7SqPZGmdI8JhrMA%3D%3D&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

Here is the cable mapping:
    FTDI Pin 2 Orange to ARI Pin 7 Brown/White
    FTDI Pin 3 Yellow to ARI Pin 6 Green
    FTDI Pin 4 Green to ARI Pin 5 Blue/White
    FTDI Pin 5 Brown to ARI Pin 4 Blue
    FTDI Pin 10 Black to ARI Pin 1 Orange/White

take any cat 5/6 network cable .. cut off one end .. connect as shown above ..

• Dawg Fan
    Dawg Fan Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited August 2019
    Looks like an opportunity for Flexradio!
  • Dawg Fan
    Dawg Fan Member
    edited August 2019
    Stu/Anyone - do you recall the settings for the USB Cable in Smart SDR?
  • Dawg Fan
    Dawg Fan Member
    edited November 2019
    I made mine BCD and it seems to work fine.
  • stu
    stu Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    bcd is right .. glad you got it going ..
  • Dawg Fan
    Dawg Fan Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for your help.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited August 2019
    Ameritron has just notified me that they have shipped the RJ-USB6000 cable to me.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited September 2019
    I can report that the RJ-USB6000 cable works as advertised. That cable and the ARI-500 gives you full auto band switching. You will also need an RCA cable from the TX1 jack on the Flex to the Relay jack on the amp, as well as an RCA cable between the Flex ALC jack and the ALC Jack on the amp. I did find out that the Default TX profile does not activate TX1 so select SO2R or make up your own profile.
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    How do I test that the FTDI is working correctly ?  I cannot get the amp to switch, not sure if it is  the FTDI or the RJ45 board on the amp ?  ARI 500 is new  .
    Please help  w7nik.. 
  • stu
    stu Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    the ari has two lights .. both should be on solid .. you can also go to usb cables in smartsdr and run the log and see what is being output ..
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    lights are solid,  the cables from the amp , should go to the amp ports on the ARI 500? conflicting information:(  to the remote using the c232HM EDHSl-o
     my settting are BCD tX ant, it worked the first day  couple weeks age , :( 
  • stu
    stu Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    the cable from the flex plugs into the front ..
    the amp cables plug into the back .. i have a als-1300 ..
    i dont know what the c232HM EDHSl-o is ..
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    yes that is  what i have, the BCD data is not telling  the 1300  the right data .I have the FTDI cable , i  would like  to find out if the RJ45 board on the amp in not working or the FTDI cable . challenging :) 
  • stu
    stu Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    did you buy the ready made cable ?? i made my own .. are you sure a and b cables are not reversed ?? other than that i would have no idea .. sorry .. good luck ..
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I will test your  FTDI maping colors, maybe something came loose 
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Your mouser link is my FTDI cable :) 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.