Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink Test light was Green now it's Red - SmartLink Ports Different than UPnP ports shown in Rou

Lawrence Libsch
Lawrence Libsch Member ✭✭
SmartLink UPnP settings that were successful but now fail

Router UPnP Port Settings - Please note port differences

Enlarged so ports can be read

When radio is opened on LAN, radio IP is correct

Does this explain why I now fail the SmartLink test? How do I fix this?

Set up is 6600, Win10 Pro, SSDR 2.4.9, Xeon laptop with 32GB, Netgear Orbi RBR50 mesh router with one satellite. Netgear primary router is linked wirelessly to satellite. Satellite is CAT cabled to radio and computer through a simple switch.

Larry,  K4KGG

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited July 2019
    Hi Larry

I had this happen once and I had to reboot my modem, radio and router to resolve.  

I think confirmed that the IP address of the radio did not change.  

You mention Satellite.  Could they have shut down the inbound ports due to streaming?

Mike

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Your ports on the SmartLink page and the ports on your router don’t match.

If the router ports (21000 and 22000) are the ones you want to use, you might try manually entering those numbers in the SmartLink setup page, save, then hit the Manual Port Forwarding button.
  • Lawrence Libsch
    Lawrence Libsch Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Ken,

Bingo!!! Your suggestion worked.

Mike,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Very grateful.

Larry, K4KGG
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ken solution is correct for UPnP losing assigned ports to device numbers, which caused it to assign new ports to device. Another way is to click the “Save” to save the assigned port numbers back to SmartLink server, so SmartLink can find the radio on your local LAN. One suggestion is to reserve your IP address of the radio to your MAC address of the radio in the router, this can help UPnP to not change the assigned port numbers to the radio MAC address. I found this problematic with Netgear routers due to a firmware change. Thanks Ken 73, Dudley WA5QPZ
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    While many folks really like UPnP, I tend to like to do my own port forwarding in the router, since I am familiar with the process. I don’t always like the ports that UPnP chooses to select. Like you, I am also a big fan of Reserved IP addresses, I learned to love them when working with VPN connections and DDNS before SmartLink was released. Just as some sports car drivers with manual shift vs. automatic transmission, I prefer to be in control of my equipment as much as possible!
  • aron warner
    aron warner Member
    edited August 2019
    This is really a great update of SmartLink. But I facing some problem with this new update. Whenever I am trying to connect the router with the system then Netgear Router Password Issues error occurred. The red port really was the best but the new updated router is the worst thing for me. If you know the proper solution then please provide me.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    Aron

Where (computer?) are you seeing that error  message?  When does that happen?  We need some more details.

Is uPNP turned on in your Router?

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.