Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX error, otherwise working

Options
John AE5X
John AE5X Member
F6300, Windows 10 Home (64 bit)
After the Windows 1903 update I'm getting a DAX error when starting SSDR. Once I acknowledge the error, WSJT-X works ok. Can anyone tell me how to fix the I/Q Stream error?

Tnx/73

Answers

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Check the DAX driver names.  They probably got messed up after the Windows update.  Follow instructions in link below.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/problems-with-dax-followin-g-update-to-2-5-1-and-wi...
  • John AE5X
    John AE5X Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    How do I rename them?
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I just updated one of my Windows 10 machines to 1903. Had same issue with DAX IQ drivers.  It was a simple task of renaming the mislabeled DAX IQ devices in the Sound Control Panel as shown above.  

For example I saw this in the Sound Control Panel after Windows 1903 update ....

DAX Reserved Audio RX 1
    FlexRadio Systems DAX IQ
    Ready

It should be renamed to ...

DAX Reserved IQ RX 1
    FlexRadio Systems DAX IQ
    Ready

In other words all (DAX Reserved IQ RX #) and (DAX IQ RX #) labels in the Sound Control Panel need to be paired with (FlexRadio Systems DAX IQ).  Whereas (DAX Reserved Audio RX #) and (DAX Audio RX #) needs to paired with (FlexRadio Systems DAX Audio). 

Just look for the mismatches and rename accordingly.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.