Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problems after Windows update

Mick
Mick Member ✭✭
I was getting a Windows Blue Screen because of "Page Fault in non Paged Area".
I updated Windows as that fixed this same problem a few weeks ago. Currently:
  - Windows Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
  - Smart SDR version 3.0.19

Prior to the update - SSB, WSJT-X, N1MM and FLDIGi all worked as expected. Now none of the digital programs are working. They can hear and decode signals but transmit is a problem.

For example in WSJT-X the TestCAT and TestPTT go green and red respectively, pressing the tune button puts the radio into transmit. In the DAX window I can see the TX go to transmit mode but no amplitude for any data, TX gain set to 100. The audio soundcard is set to DAX Audio RX1 and DAX Audio TX.
In SmartSDR the radio goes into TX but no power is dissipated, the panadapter goes blank and nothing is seen at the transmit frequency. DAX is set to channel 1 and the blue button in P/CW is highlighted. 

Everything seems to be behaving with the exception of no data being sent from WSJT-X (or FLDIGi, N1MM) to SmartSDR.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mick
W6MOB

Answers

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Is the DAX light light in the TX panel?

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Mick -

Assuming all your settings are correct (example above), you may want to consider doing a "System Restore" (to your previous good working date), to get your SSDR software working again. 

I got tired of Windows upgrades screwing things up so I went into my settings and locked out all future Windows upgrades.  As for data security, I manually upgrade Windows Defender and my Malware Bytes program.  This arrangement has worked out well for me for the last few years.
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Check to see if the sound from the DAX TX has been switched to something else on your computer. I've had updates assign that to mystery places.
  • Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for suggestions.
    Blue light is highlighted in Smart SDR and DAX TX is is still selected in the digital programs. I am reluctant to do a restore as I was getting Page Fault in NonPaged Area faults with previous Windows.
    So the hunt continues.
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Mick, this likely caused by the DAX driver problems with SmartSDR installs. I also had this problem after reinstalling SmartSDR after Windows update ver 1903. You can open a help desk ticket for Flex assistance or use the guidance in this thread https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/dax-error-after-widows-update-1907-and-upgrade-to-2...?

If you follow Eric's comments you should note that the sound control panel has changed location in ver 1903. To open the sound control panel Settings -> System -> Sound -> Sound Control Panel (right side menu)
  • Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Dave,

Thanks, the uninstall reinstall helped a lot. I have SSB, WSJT and N1MM back working. FLDIG still not working  but making progress.
    Cheers,
    Mick
    W6MOB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.