Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Seting up WSJT-X with 6400M

Lee Perry
Lee Perry Member
edited December 2019 in Third-Party Software
Been struggling for several days to set up WSJT-X with my 6400M. Would someone be kind enough to send me screenshots of TABS in Settings. A description will do. Any help will be much appreciated.

Answers

• Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited June 2019
    What are you exactly struggling with?
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited June 2019
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited June 2019
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited June 2019
    imageimage
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited June 2019
    This is all what you need. 73 de OD5TE
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hani could even remove the PTT port and use CAT for PTT and should eliminate the need to create a PTT port.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2019
    If you use SliceMaster, there is almost no setup other than your personal preferences.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    You will need to set up CAT and DAX (and enable DAX channels on the radio). Sorry, I don’t do Windows so can’t help directly, but setting up a CAT channel on your PC with an appropriate port is necessary. Whatever port number you set up in CAT TCP you refer to as “127.0.0.1:” in wsjt-x. Set wsjt-x to use “Flex 6xxx” as radio type. CAT for PTT works fine. (Of course when I started this response, all those others weren’t there :-)
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited June 2019
    Follow the Youtube details to set up your CAT and DAX https://youtu.be/vxageEY7-Pw
  • VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Nice job Honi with the screen shots! with WSJT. Under the MODE settings I have mine set to "Data/Pkt", other wise you have to manually change modes instead of having WSJT doing it for you automatically to make sure ur in the the correct mode, but thats just me lol
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited June 2019
    Good point. will try it. I run FT8 on USB and do manually have to adjust the mode especially when operating on 40m. Recently I have been using JTX. If you have not tried it yet, give it a shot. Much more sensitive on the RX and better decoding results. 
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hani, if ur running "Digital Mode" I think its best to switch the flex to digital mode because it will bypass the filters used in USB or LSB. When Flex is in "digital" it gives you a full 3K bandwidth, 0 to 3KHz. You can use USB but WSJT likes it better if the radio is set to a digital mode and NO eq or processing. Ive been running FT8 for the past month and the bands are nuts, check out 6M, its gone mad!!! 6M has been crazy all day long, from 6am CST to midnight for the past 2 weeks! I must have made over 1K contacts just on 6M using FT8 mode with just a Dipole at 12ft. and 50 watts!
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited June 2019
    Thank you for the tips Vidas. Will do that going forward and see how it goes. Indeed, it has been going mad on FT8. Been enjoying 6m, 20, 15, 10 and 17m and collecting interesting awards. I assume you are running the AAC software. I doubt we can connect on 6m ( I have 4 El beam by Diamond), but I hope we connect on 20m. 73
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited June 2019
    I am using JTDX now for FT8
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hani, Should be no problem for us on 6M if conditions stay as they are.
    Had to pull all my coax away from house, having some thunder boomers in area now.  Haven't tried JTDX yet, that's next on the to do list lol
    What is AAC ?
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited June 2019
    Ultimate AAC is the software you use to generate similar to the attached. imageimage
  • GeorgeK
    GeorgeK Member ✭✭
    I have read and listened to this thread many times and still can' t get wsjt working. Running 6400 , ver 2.3.1 wsjt, win 10 When I bring up wsjt NO network server shows up. My computer is on an ethernet connection, the IP adr of computer is 198.......12, Am I supposed to put that value in? I notice a lot of videos show a server value of 127..... What am I mising?? Really fustrated
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

You probably would have better luck getting help if you start a new thread - this one is really old.

You do not connect wsjt-x to the radio directly, you connect to instances of CAT and DAX, which are normally started up along with SmartSDR. Fortunately or unfortunately there are a number of ways to connect a CAT interface, either as a Flex interface with local host IP address (the 127.0.0.1 you refer to), a HamLib interface also using that localhost address. In those cases the port numbers (the part after the “:” in “127.0.0.1:4532”) are different, and set up as part of the CAT configuration. It is also possible to allow SSDR CAT to set up COM ports, then you use a serial interface.

Sorry, I’m a Mac user, so not able to give you real specifics - I’d suggest that new thread!

• aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭

I have mine set up as a Kenwood Ts 2000 and I set a com port in CAT to use with WSJT and it works fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.