Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Driver error

WP3C
WP3C Member ✭✭

Hi

I’m having problems with the DAX. It’s coming up an error message that says: DAX Driver Error. I went to the 64 bit drivers carpet and uninstalled the drivers and re installed them back and the error keep coming up. I have the version 3.0.27 and Windows 10. If someone can help me will be well appreciated.

Thanks 73

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

This seems to be the most common problem with SmartSDR. Almost every day, I see the same post as yours. Frequently this problem is caused by Windows updating and not y naming the audio ports correctly. There seems to be a variety of cures the most common being reinstalling SmartSDR but there might be easier remedies. Also, many people end up resorting to the help desk to resolve the damnable recurring problem.

Jim, K6QE
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Alfredo, take a look at this thread where there is a lot of discussion of how to fix.  I beleive W10 somehow mangles the DAX driver names, and this is what has to be corrected.  There are several approaches that I've seen.  Do a search for the thread, last post a couple of weeks ago.

"DAX error after Windows Update 1907 and upgrade to 2.5.1"
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    What Lionel said is correct. The direct link is:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/dax-error-after-widows-update-1907-and-upgrade-to-2-5-1?

If the DAX device names in the sound panel are incorrect, then one can do a simple edit to correct them. In sound panel, right select -> properties.  Check Eric post for details.

Upgraded two Win 10 PCs and had to do this correction; took all of two minutes.
    Good Luck, and if you need further help let us know.

• WP3C
    WP3C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have done every recomendations found and the error still coming up. I will have to send a ticket to Flex. Thanks to everyone for sending some help. 73'
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Alfredo, Make sure that your Windows Sound Properties is set to the correct input/output devices . No DAX devices are flagged ( with a green check mark) as a default sound device . Then if you have to correct, always reboot after making changes just to make sure it’s not changing from rebooting, I would maybe suggest you uninstall SmartSDR, BE SURE to remove and not save the DAX drivers, reboot again and then re-install SSDR , check to make sure that the default sounds are still correct. This corrects manY of the DAX issues unless there are windows registry issues causing incorrect DAX devices being applied to an incorrect driver. Sometimes Windows even straightens it out with additional reboots, there is some AI involved in the OS. Flex Help Desk can also help, so don’t get frustrated.. Dudley WA5QPZ
  • WP3C
    WP3C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hi Dudley

Here at the playback I have as default speakers. In recording I have a DAX as default but I don't know how take that green checkmark off. Maybe that is what is making the error on the driver. Thanks for all the help you're giving. If you  know more info I'll receive it. Thanks!

imageimage
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    You can't uncheck a green flag (default device) but instead have to select some other device as the default.  
  • WP3C
    WP3C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I made a ticket and Flex already fixed the issue. Thanks everyone!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.