Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

AG switching time

Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
I have a question about AG 8x2 switching time.
I see it takes 9-10sec to switch my antennas.
Is that normal, is there any settings to improve switching time?
See short video, swtiching from 6m to 160m and back
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JsSsjSrot1d02Q8MAN7wENoZy7qPKO95

Thanks
Sergey, KN7K

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Can you change the speed of the emulated port to a higher value?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2019
    HI Sergey

I don't have that issue on 3.0.8 version of the firmware when changing bands on the same PORT such as A. 

I do see the delay when I change from Port A to Port B.  I think that 4O3A is addressing this, so you will have to email their support email and ask them about it.

Mike 
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Sergey I see exactly the same delay with my 8x2 using the latest firmware 3.0.8

Cal/N3CAL
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 2020
    As an FYI, would highly recommend you reach out to 4O3A directly for support with this.  FRS does not do the end user support for their products.

I find the pretty fast in replying since I was dealing with an issue yesterday and it turned out to be 2 bad patch cords (note to self, toss out all those Grey RG8X cables I bought years ago at a great price).   

I looked up their email address,  support@4o3a.com

Mike
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Michael,  I purchased my Antenna Genius 8x2 through Flex about 1.5 years ago.  It's my understanding that these AG's have had hardware updates and Flex now are selling the Antenna Genius 8x2 Plus.  Is there any option for Flex customers to get the original AG's updated to the Plus?  

Cal/N3CAL
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited June 2019
    Hi Cal

Unsure to be honest.  I don't think there is a retro kit at all.  You may want to check with them and see.  This is one of those items that we just distribute the device.  

Mike

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Mike,
    I upgraded from 3.06 to 3.08, same issue.
    In fact, I do not see a Release notes for this upgrade. Do you know what the changes are?
    I will contact 4O3A.
    Thanks
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    And Yes, there are no delays when switching antenna on the same port A or B, only from A to B or B to A.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.