Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to disconnect a multiFlex user

Dave N2OA
Dave N2OA Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have two users connected to my 6600. One is my local connection which I am actively using and the other is a remote connection that was left on. Is there any way to force that second user off? I can't seem to find any method to **** the remote session other than shutting down my active connection to get to the initial SSDR and disconnecting it there. I went back through the manual but I don't see any other options.

If this concept was overlooked then I'd suggest that the perfect place to put this is under Settings, multFlex. Right click on the session and select disconnect. :-)

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    All you have to do is force a connection another client and seize the connection.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Michael - other than starting an additional client or forcing a disconnect by Settings>Choose Radio/SmartLink Setup> from a running instance of SmartSDR is there a way to terminate an orphaned or potentially misbehaving second instance?

I think this is what Dave N2OA is suggesting.

There are some hierarchy issues - which instance can boot the other or can any instance boot the other instance - to sort out, but having a way to drop a second instance while not disconnecting the other instance might have some good utility.

If the Pro idea Gerald contemplated in the Dayton YouTube video advanced it would be a necessity of course.

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Dave N2OA
    Dave N2OA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Correct. The point is  that I'm actively doing something and I want to dump a connection that exists but is not in use so that someone else can access the radio or maybe I want to add a third slice. I can't do that without disconnecting my active connection. Think of it as a client/server relationship. From a server I should be able to force a client connection offline without interrupting my activity.

Dave
    N2OA
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2019
    Dave

If you see an orphaned connection (as in it exists,  but not in use and it is something you should not see) you start a new client you are given a choice as to which client you wish to disconnect if your 2 connections are already in use.

You can add a 3rd slice on any active client (assuming a 6500, 6600 or 6700) since they support more than 2.  

If you are seeing something different with V3, then you should open a support case so we can track it accurately.  

What has your testing shown?  Are you running V3 already as I could not see an order with your name on it.

Mike

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Mike,  I think you are missing the point here.  Dave is saying he is already connected as a Client and there is another client (user) connection nailed up but Dave (the control op) wants to knock it down due to inactivity WITHOUT having to disconnect from his current radio session.   I believe that is what he is asking?    Been wrong before so......
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited May 2019
    Yes, the it currently works.
  • Dave N2OA
    Dave N2OA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes I am on version 3, not sure why can't see it but maybe it's because I purchased the radio in October so the upgrade was free?

I don't think you're following. As an example, my son and I are both using my Flex 6600. He's at his house and I'm at mine. I'm in the middle of a rag chew, running a net, making FT8 contacts or calling CQ contest. It doesn't really matter, I'm actively using my radio.  My son gets a call and has to run but forgets to disconnect. My father finds out that he had to run out and want's to login. The only way for me to clear my sons connection is disconnect the connection that I am actively using to clear the connection my son was using.  I don't know if that helped or made it worse :-)

Bottom line is that I don't want to interrupt what I am doing by closing my session to terminate another session that is no longer in use. It should be non-disruptive to what I'm doing.  In reality an icon on the screen showing the other user, maybe on the bottom right next to Station that you could click on and select disconnect would be the way to go but the first example I gave through the menu seemed logical to me too.

Dave
    N2OA
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    There is much need for a decent "Sysop" type display that allows the PRIMARY operator to see what is happening with the other logins on his system. Other hams would like to try my FLEX but unless they are close friends I won't allow them to logon since I cannot closely monitor their activity.

Seems like it would be in FLEX interest to make this activity as friendly as possible in order to promote potential buyer interest. Every FLEX owner is a potential salesman.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yes, that would be great. Great suggestion.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.