Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

message says the radio is in use then reboots

Options
2»

Comments

• Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The issue only happened to me once so far, I was in receive for over an hour and was just changing bands, from 10 to 15 meters. I do not have a computer connected, not running SmartSDR on a computer. I am using the 6400M stand-alone. I also have a very intensive ground system in the shack, over 20 10 ft copper clad ground rods all cadweld together with 00 wire. As I stated above, the first error was a Maestro error, then after reboot I got the Radio in Use error, followed by a reboot lockup, then a third boot to finally recover.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Anyone heard of a fix for this.  My 6400M is doing it twice a day now.  It's ticket number 6143.  
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have not seen a new release yet.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I can confirm that I only see this when there is a network failure of some point.  In my case, if my VPN to the remote goes flakey, I get the radio in use message.  That is between the 6300 and a Maestro (not on SmartLink).  

I have yet to see (again, only my personal view) my 6600 and the other Maestro present that message unless I had a power bump in the house.

Just food for thought.

Mike

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options

Still the same message that M radio guys are getting even disconnected from the network right Michael?

• KS0CW
    KS0CW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I haven’t ever seen ‘‘tis behavior on my 6600 and .33 appears to have cleared up periodic random restarts..
  • Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    This happened twice for me, Running a 6400M v2.1.33. Reboot and its clears and comes up ok.

imageimage

• Jerry  WA9UKB
    Jerry WA9UKB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Will this be addressed with the last version 1.11.12 I have even changed to a managed switch signal strength is always all green bars when it happens and has been doing this a least once or twice during the day when it’s on. Using flex 6500 and maestro together. Thanks Jerry,
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It is not from the internet connection.  mine has done it twice WITHOUT the cable being connected.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You probably should have already updated to version 2.2.8 where any issues I was having were corrected been running perfect since I updated the first day it was offered.
  • William Osborne
    William Osborne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    does anyone know if this issue (6143) has been fixed.  To day my 6600M started randomly rebooting, I am using V-3.0.19 and it has done it 3 times n about 3 hours while listening for E3 on FT8. I am using the front panel client with CAT/DAX only.

Thanks,
    Bill--K5ZQ
  • Jerry  WA9UKB
    Jerry WA9UKB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I still receive this at times on my 6500, and sill on the ver 1 latest build.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Issue 6143 is marked complete as of v2.4.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.