Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6300 6500 6700 fans

Comments

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    "Here are my notes on your fans with pictures, video, error codes and information on the case fans as well.  I hope they help answer some questions for others not as familiar with the fan replacement. "
    http://www.nn4zz.com/FLEX6700.htm#FANs_
    If I had those radios with those fan; that are in your notes above.
    I hire a cleaning person!  
    That is more than a little bit of dust that's "dirt"  on those fans pictured. 
    No wonder the fans are failing.
    A Flex-6700LE fan and loving it!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have put air filters in my 6500 case on each side, the filters are black and I can see dust collecting on them through the breathing holes. I change them out 2 times a year. Looking at the inside of the radio my fans look brand new.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi David,
    Did you get a chance to take the fan pics?  Not a rush but just checking to make sure I didn't miss them. 

Al / NN4ZZ 
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 & SSDR-W  V 2.4.9
    Win10

• K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    It would be nice to see the pics if possible.
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited December 2018
    At this time, the additional fans ordered, on top of those presold, have all been spoken for.

I have recently received a handful of additional inquiries. If there is enough interest I will consider a second order. I will post details if and when warranted.

Thank you, and Happy Holidays everyone!

Eric
    K2CB
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited February 2019

Update - I checked in with the manufacturer today, and due to the Chinese New Year, the shipment date has slipped a few weeks.  The current estimated ship date is 3/12/19.  I will update further once I have confirmation that they have shipped.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric
    K2CB

• Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Tnx for the update Eric and Tnx for helping out Getting Them. Well done Sir!
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    There are some updates on my web page to show the locations of the CPU and FPGA fans in case you decide to just replace one of them based on the error code.  

http://www.nn4zz.com/FLEX6700.htm#FANs_

and here if you have any questions, comments or feedback on the process.

https://groups.io/g/FlexRadioSmartSDR/topic/cpu_and_fpga_fan_locations/29659458?p=,,,50,0,0,0::recen...

Regards,  Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited April 2019
    UPDATE - The first half of the fans shipped from the factory Monday. I should have them Friday. I will try to get them packaged for shipment over the weekend and out to everyone on Monday. I am told the second half will ship 3/18, or thereabouts. I will be shipping first in, first out, as per when the preorders were received. Thank you for your patience. Eric K2CB
  • Jerry  WA9UKB
    Jerry WA9UKB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    If you have any left overs I would take 4 if available. Jerry,
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited March 2019
    Hi Jerry, All inbound units have been sold. I am working on a second order. I will post details once I have more info Eric K2CB
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited April 2019
    GOOD NEWS!

Finally, after a long delay, the entire shipment of fans arrived. The final delay was the 3-pin connector, which was on backorder, and held things up. The upside is the entire shipment is now here!.  

My work schedule is a little crazy the next few weeks, traveling in and out of town, but I should be able to get most, it not all, orders shipped out by early next week. I will email everyone their tracking information once their package is ready for shipment.

Thank you for your patience!

Eric
    K2CB

• Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Great news! Was just about to send e-mail and ask. Tnx in advance!  Johan
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited April 2019
    Good evening, everyone. I was finally home long enough this weekend, after a hectic two weeks of work related travel! Murphy's Law in that the fans finally arrived as I was literally leaving for the airport! The orders were packaged over the weekend, and everyone's fans shipped out first thing this morning, thanks to my xyl K2JCD. I wound up getting in a little late this evening, but I'll try to email everyone their tracking info individually some time tomorrow, as my work schedule pernits. Due to the long delay, I had to manually enter in everyone's shipping info, as PayPal's auto ship option expires after 90 days! I now also need to manually send fifty some-odd emails as well, since the multi-order shipment option does not allow for an email entry. Stateside you should receive your package by Wednesday or Thursday. Those outside the US should expect their package in 10-14 days. At this time all fans have been spoken for. Should we do another bulk purchase, I am told lead time will be approximately 14-16 weeks, and will now be subjected to a 10% tariff surcharge. Thank you again to everyone who participated this time around. And more importantly, your patience! Regards, Eric K2CB image
  • K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks, Eric, and to the XYL for going above and beyond for the Flex community!
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Great job both of you! Tnx and Happy Easter :) following my parcel on tracking and enjoy the journey .. lol
  • Steve - G8KNC
    Steve - G8KNC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Is it just me, or does that photograph put you in mind of a vehicle prepared to drive to the ransom drop-off point?!

• AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Received mine today.  Great job - Thanks!!

Keith - AC9S
  • Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Tnx Eric and Jill. Received my 4 fans today. 73 Jim K6JR
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Eric,
    Received.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited April 2019

Tracking information emails were sent to everyone this evening. I apologize for the delay in sending the notifications. As I mentioned previously, my work schedule has been very busy lately.

Since the fans took so long to arrive from the factory in China, the PayPal automated shipping links expired after 90 days. Therefore, I had to manually re-enter in everyone's shipping information, then print each label, and then manually email each person individually. Unfortunately, PayPal's multi-order-shipping system does not provide for email notifications during manual entries. 

Most importantly, the packages were on their way first thing Monday morning.

Thank you again for everyone's participation!

Eric

K2CB

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Fans shipped Monday, arrived here on Wednesday.

Thanks again, Eric, for your great support of the Flex community!
  • John Langdon
    John Langdon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Put me on the list for the next batch.

73 John N5CQ

• Steve - K4HG
    Steve - K4HG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Does anyone have an extra they would sell? I got **** on this deal and would appreciate help. Because of the delay the fans shipped when I was on the road for six months. I emailed Eric long before he got the fans, he said he would contact me before shipping to get a current address. But he didn’t, and they went to an address that cannot be checked until November. I contacted the post office and they said I need to file a claim, but I can’t because I need the original insurance application and proof of value and Eric is not answering my emails to give this to me (his last email was I should just accept the loss because he had so much work to mail these. So I’m out $94, but worse is I have no fan. I did the manual **** trick from other threads, but I hear the noise again and I’m sure failure is imminent. If anyone can help me out email me at k4hg@tapr.org. Thanks! Steve. K4HG
  • Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I do believe I have a couple hanging around.  I will try to remember to look for them tomorrow.  My e-mail address is good on QRZ.  Send me a PM as a reminder..73's  de WA1STH
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited May 2019
    Steve, 

I will not let your false claims go unanswered. You need to get your facts in order. 

You were not ****.  Your fans were delivered to the address sent with your PayPal payment,  Yes, I do admit that I received your email weeks earlier to ship to an alternate address, but with the delay in receiving the shipment from the manufacturer, and the shear amount of packages I needed to get out in a rush between work travel, I inadvertently overlooked your earlier request, and shipped to the address provided via PayPal.  

You emailed me one time when you received the tracking number, and your tone was quiet rude. I immediately replied to your email. You then replied one last time, stating that you felt like you were ****. That was the LAST of our correspondence. You never emailed me again, nor requested any info as per your claim above.   If you did, I would have been happy to give you whatever info you felt was necessary. 

Regardless, per your comment above, there is no "insurance application". Or "proof of value"'. The package was insured via priority mail, and the USPS knows this.  The tracking shows the package was delivered to your address.  I'm not sure what else they can do.  

I have a hard time believing there was NO way for you to have a friend or family member retrieve your mail from your second address. You stated that there was "no way anyone could get it out of the mailbox".  If this in fact true, then the package should be there when you return.

I have not heard a single word (or email) from you since this last email on 4/19. Never did I say you should just "accept your losses".  One the contrary, you commented that if it weren't for the long delay, you would have filed a complaint with PayPal.

I could post our email correspondence here for all to see, but I will not step to that level, nor do i have time for such antics. For you to come here and make false accusations just shows your character, and only confirms what I saw from your last email of 4/19. 

Plenty of hams have dealt with me over the years, and my character speaks for itself. I am not about to **** anyone for a few dollars. 

The more I look at your email and posting, some things just don't add up with your story.  

Eric
    K2CB

• Steve - K4HG
    Steve - K4HG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I didn’t post here to start a fight, I was just hoping someone would have pity on me and help me out. But since you want conflict, there are inaccuracies in your telling. First, we exchanged five emails on the day you sent the tracking number, three from me and two from you. None was rude. Yes I was upset, because you promised to get the correct address before shipping and you did not. Did you have a lot to do? Yes, but that doesn’t help me get my fans. Five days later, after receiving information on how to file a claim from usps I emailed you . They require proof of value, like a bill of sale or invoice, and “the original web application” for insurance. When I got no response I tried again a few days later. As to your character, never once did I say YOU **** me. You **** up, but I never said there was an intention or character issue. But I was ****, since I paid $94 and have no fan. Maybe the fans will be in the mailbox come November, but after 6 months in the Florida heat and humidity I doubt they will be useable. The closest person I could ask is in Miami, a six hour round trip, hardly a realistic option. If I had such an option I would have done it rather than beg for a chance to spend more money. USPS will look for the package once there is a completed claim filed, but I can’t do that without an invoice and the web application. So I am **** in this transaction, whether you choose to believe it or not.
  • Steve - K4HG
    Steve - K4HG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Wonderful, thanks!
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited May 2019
    Like I stated earlier, the last email I received from you was on 4/19. Check your sent email folder and make sure it went to the correct address; had I received a request for same, I would have replied.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Just a couple side comments.  I believe Paypal will not honor any of their buyer/seller protections if the item is not shipped to the Paypal address of record.  I could be wrong about this since i have not read the document in a long time but if correct changing the address could have been an issue. 

Also, once it was known that the item was going to be shipped to the wrong address. USPS allow a package redirect to a different address to be completed on their website.  It is not free but it does work as I had to use it one time in the past with a shipment.  The item had gotten as far as the local post office and it still got redirected.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.