Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6300 6500 6700 fans

1235»

Comments

• Steve - G8KNC
    Steve - G8KNC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    12V, 0.10A if that's any help.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    They are 12V fans but Flex runs them on less voltage. Have had 4 fans fail and all of them run fine on full 12V after pulling them out of the radio. Tried lubricating them without much success. Noticed failed fans draw more current than un-used fan so maybe something going bad in the electronics.
    Currently running my 6700 upside down to see if that helps with longevity.
  • Dave
    Dave Member
    edited June 2020
    Many thanks for the info on the Fan Voltage Steve, much appreciated
    Dave, ZS6AVM
  • Hi Eric are there any fans still available
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited October 2020

I have a set of fans I received from Eric still in the box. My 6700 has the new style fans so no longer need these.

my call AT arrl DOT net

Dave wo2x

• Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭

I have four (4) 6500 fans that I purchased via the community a year or so ago before I traded in my 6500 for a 6600. They are immediately available. I think I paid $25 each. Will sell 2 sets of 2 for $55/pair ($25 ea + $5 shipping) to USA. Or make offer. Contact me directly W4IEE@ARRL.net

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

my set are sold and shipped.

Dave wo2x

• Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭

I have one 91) pair of fans left for any one interested.

Tom W4IEE

• Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭

OOOPPs One (1) pair.

• Steve - G8KNC
    Steve - G8KNC Member ✭✭

UK only - I have a spare pair of fans should anyone be interested.

Contact details on QRZ.COM - G8KNC.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

I bought a couple of fans a few years ago and was getting tired of the 600hz fan noise so tonight I opened up the 6700 for the first time and started to replace the fans. The one on the right no problem however while removing the left fan the whole heatskink including the metal part stamped VERTEX-6 came off. It looks like it was held on with a drop of what I assume is glue on each of the four corners. see included pictures. Does anyone know what type of glue or what substance that is? What little of it remaining is basically powdery so it must have deteriorate over time. I'm hoping just a small, small dab on each corner remount VERTEX-6 heatsink, let dry for a few hours then mount the fan/heatsink back and were back in business. I applied some thermal dielectric compound as what there was dried. Perhaps to use a different heatsink compound that is also an adhesive?

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭

Hello, this is what I used, it works fine, bought "from aliewpress,on5po, Janny,73

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭

Hey Mike,,it seems you took things apart further than I though you have to. I thought all you had to do is remove the heat sink from the chip witch I understand is not very easy and dangerus. But you also removed it from the board? Is it glued on there as well? And how is it going now? Finished?

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭

Hello,

for my part, it took off on its own, I suppose that after intensive use, I did not wait enough time for a satisfactory cooling before cutting the power "off", this would be one of the different possible causes ,

73, on5po, Janny

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

The first fan was replaced with no issue but as I was unscrewing the 4 screws that hold the 2nd fan to the heatsink, the heatsink came off. I was able to contact Xilinx via their forums and they were kind enough to get the specs on the adhesive, which is basically "Thermal Conductive Silicone Plaster Viscous Adhesive Compound Cooling Glue for LED GPU Chipset Heatsink " Ordered it and very carefully put a small drop of adhesive at the four corners and remounted the heatsink. All is good.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.