Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connecting to a 6700 and 6600M

Ross Biggar
Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have been using my 6700 on HF and it connects to the router and the amp perfectly, I want to try my 6600M in place of the 6700, BUT using the same internet cable the 6600M wont connect, all I get is the Smartlink  "currently no radios available" Again though the 6600M on another cable connects perfectly to the router and to its amplifier.
So ideas please what stops the 6600M connecting, , in place of the 6700. What am I missing?
Regards
Ross
ZL1WN

Answers

• Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Does the 6600 appear in the list of radios?

If so, then I suspect the network address is the problem.

I wrote a little tutorial a couple of weeks ago on solving this problem.

You will find the artile here: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/-unable-to-connect-to-the-radio-please-try-again

HTH
    Tim
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Ah SmartLink.... I’ve found at one of stations that I have to go into my router and reconfigure my port forwarding, as they are too tightly bound to a specific IP and MAC address to allow me to simply swap radios. It is commercial grade aDSL product and it is quicker to remove the old port forwarding bindings and redo them allowing it to pick up the new MAC address than waste time trying to edit. BTW I can swap radios at will at another station, as it’s port forwarding isn’t as restricted by that station’s router. This may not be your issue, but as it tripped me up it might be worth a look. 73 Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.