Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Swr plotting Graph

n2mdx
n2mdx Member
edited November 2019 in New Ideas
What about adding a SWR plotting program built in with antenna analyzers across the entire spectrum, on all bands with memory presets right off a drop down menu?

thanks mike n2mdx. :)

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Ray has developed an App for that in our "Works with Flex" department.

http://k9dur.info/smartsdr_utilities.html

Look for SWR Plotter.  I just ran this on my 160M vertical.

Mike

• N2TU
    N2TU Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Mike...have you looked at SWRPlotter6K?...Google it.

Lou N2TU
  • n2mdx
    n2mdx Member
    edited March 2019
    sounds good i will check it out thanks.
  • n2mdx
    n2mdx Member
    edited March 2019
    ok thanks lou!
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    But this is for Power SDR?
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I found it. I think you meant to give this link. http://k9dur.info/smartsdr_utilities.html
  • Steve Blankinship AG4SO
    Steve Blankinship AG4SO Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    A useful idea my last rig a FT2000 with the DMU was able to plot each band aiding me diagnosing antenna issues, learning about the changes in antennas with weather and so forth. I kept screen shots of the patterns of my antennas as a historic reference. 
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 2019
    Yep.. I updated the link http://k9dur.info/smartsdr_utilities.html.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited March 2019
    I do that on my 160M vertical, as it varies as the ground freezes and thaws.  It is amazing how much it moves.
  • n2mdx
    n2mdx Member
    edited April 2019
    my original idea was to have it implemented in Version 3. not another program running in the background. I have tons of programs already up my desktop. ;)
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    There are versions for both PowerSDR and 6xxx, I have used both by Ray, K9DUR.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited March 2019
    The way FRS has designed the radio and the API's that go with the radio is to promote tools such as SWRPlotter and allow you to have them anywhere on your LAN and not just on one computer.   We call this "Works with Flex".  This is just some of the items and we are adding all the time:  https://www.flexradio.com/works-with-flex/

The plot I posted above was done on a different computer than my normal Ham computer, well, because you can.  

The Application Programmer Interface allows all hams to build the tools they need to go with the radio solution.   FRS will continue to build up the core functionality of the radio with items like SmartLink and MultiFlex.   Allow others to contribute is a great way to get tools quickly as other Hams can contribute and support the overall solution.  

It wouldn't really make any sense to add this inside the SmartSDR application since we already have a wonderful solution provided by Ray, K9DUR.

Mike

• n2mdx
    n2mdx Member
    edited March 2019
    Well I am sure many will agree or disagree but either way thank you for answering my post. n2mdx.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited March 2019
    We try to let everyone know what we are up to.   Just some normal people working hard everyday.  :)

• n2mdx
    n2mdx Member
    edited March 2019
    I am a Technician by trade as well I totally understand.
  • Dale LeStourgeon
    edited March 2019
    Yes, but would be nice to have on the front display of the M or Maestro
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I use it, works great !
  • N2TU
    N2TU Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Steve...the DMU forced you to screenshot everything . SWRPlotter6K allows you to print the graphs and do a 'light box' comparison.  Neat feature!
  • Steve Blankinship AG4SO
    Steve Blankinship AG4SO Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Lou reading I will  be checking it out. 73
    Steve
  • roger na4rr
    roger na4rr Member
    edited March 2019
    Dont forget to PayPal him a couple of bucks.  I use his voice keyer all the time.  Everything he does has worked well for me.

Roger

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.