Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I am unable to hear audio on my laptop

Ken Golubski
Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
I am new to the 6000 family of Flex. I have my 6600 connected to my laptop and visually,everything looks great. smartSDR seems to be running fine. However, I cannot get any audio to my laptop. I see Slice A is streaming in the DAX control panel, I can see signals in the panadapter, but all is quiet.
I have tried all the various DAX and speaker settings, but none of them produce sound.
Where else might I look ?
Thank You

Answers

• Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    You don't need DAX just to hear audio from the radio. The audio is controlled by a couple of sliders in SSDR and the normal windows volume controls. Nothing fancy. 
    Also, you do have to use powered speakers. What type speaker are connected?
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    If you press the REMOTE button in the upper right, That will direct audio to your PC speakers
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Ken

When you hit the PC audio button, the RX  audio is played on the default sound card on the PC.  Make sure you have your speakers (in Windows) selected as Default.

Mike

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Ken.  Click the PC Audio button to get sound out of your laptop speakers.

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks all for the replies. The problem was the little slider on the "slice" as show by Joe N3HEE
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    I am surprised so many guys are using PC speakers. I have always thought they sounded sort of washed out, and the audio always seemed to have a tiny delay in it as compared to the powered speaker output. It was the same with a 6300 and this 6600M. 

Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Bill, it makes sence as the audio from the computer is processed in the computer. I have never used the computer sound either.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.