Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio device selection when using PC Audio for Mic Input

Dave
Dave Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is there a way to choose what PC Audio source you wish to use in SmartSDR? I feel you should be able to accomplish this by selecting it in Smart SDR instead of having to set the device as your default audio device  in Windows. 

Comments

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Am I missing something, isn't this a DAX question? AFAIK you select audio in and out to a given slice in DAX, for example, see see instructions for working FT8 with WSJT-X software. From memory (I'm two hours from my flex) in SSDR you connect your slice to a DAX 'channel' then you direct your software to connect to the correct DAX 'channel'. What exactly are you hoping to do?
  • Dave
    Dave Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    When im in SmartSDR operating remote I select PC for the mic source as I am using a USB audio device.  The only way I can determine what the PC source is, is to set the device as your default in Windows.  If you have multiple sound devices this gets to be a bit cumbersome. Very well could be operator error.  I thought this would be a function of DAX too but really can see how you would configure it there.   
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited February 2019
    Yes Dave

That is how it is configured.  SmartSDR uses the Default recording device.

Mike

• Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Agree with Mike, Windows controls this and I have never found a way to change this outside of Windows. Of course if you set it as your default you will be good to go.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.