Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro MIC2 audio AC noise

EC5W
EC5W Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Maestro

Hello.

I have a problem with Maestro MIC2, not its possible transmit without high noise, such AC power, I tested dynamic microphone, electret capsule, Trust quasar headset, Heil Sound Proset Elite, Heil Sound Pro7, with and without BIAS all with same result. Also I removed the AC switched power supply using a linear power supply. It is possible that I have a hardware problem on Maestro?

https://vocaroo.com/i/s15MsA7A5DbR I attach audio sample of noise.

Thanks in advantage, Miguel EA5GF

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Miguel Please open a support case. Mike
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    It might be because of the mic jack plug wiring. The mic plug must have a TRS plug (Tip Ring Sleeve).
  • Howard AE3T
    Howard AE3T Member
    edited June 2019
    I have exactly the same noise problem using any mic plugged into the Maestro. It is worse with the flex FHM-2 mic. Any suggestions?
    Howard AE3T
  • EC5W
    EC5W Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hello.

I send finally to Flex EU service, after change the display and back to my home have the same problem:-(  Arrived from factory with this problem, tested with two Flex radios and MIC1 input. I will ask the seller to return the money or change it for a new one, It is a manufacturing defect and I could not use my new Maestro after two months.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Sounds like either a wiring issue or bias maybe on when it needs to be off or visa versa. My RS 55 headset works fine here
  • EC5W
    EC5W Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Wow tested with power bank without any PSU and no more noise! :-)
  • EC5W
    EC5W Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Try change Power supply by another.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.