Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

UK Sales Question

G4NRT
G4NRT Member ✭✭
I want to buy an FHM-2 (8 pin Foster connector) for my 6700.  I am unable to find a distributor in Europe who stocks them (I tried every single one on the distributors list (https://www.flexradio.com/distributors/).

I thought that I would just have two swallow the transatlantic shippings plus import tax and 20% VAT (sales tax) and order direct but the Flex site says that it cannot ship this item to my country (I am in the UK).

What to do?  Has anyone else had this issue and how did you solve it?  I have emailed Martin Lynch to ask them as well.
David G4NRT/Z21NRT

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Any 8pin Yaesu HF hand mic should work as an option. Mike
  • Dave, KY0L
    Dave, KY0L Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Is it possible to take a vacation to the US, buy the Flex Radio, and bring it back to the UK with paying that tax or shipping charges? If you could avoid those extremely high taxes, that would pay a lot of your US vacation expenses.
  • Chris de Voogd
    Chris de Voogd Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Well I'll be .. I looked at all the dealers in the link above on the Flex website ... I even looked on the Parma site!

Now I am trying to order but they only seem to ship to D, L, NL and B.  I will email them!

Thanks!!!
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thank Michael.  I am aware that Yaesu mics work.  One of my issues is that I have two 6000 series radios: a 6300 and a 6700.  Each came with an FHM-1 (8 pin foster connector) mic.  I have lost one (or rather left it somewhere and don't know where!) so I have been sharing one mic between two radios.  This has been fine for the last few months.

However, I am shipping the 6300 this week to my 'other' shack in Z2 and I am shipping the remaining FHM-1 mic with it.  

Looking ahead, if I decide to sell the 6700 in the future any buyer here will expect the original mic to be included as it was part of the shipping group.  The FHM-2 will stay with the 6700 if I upgrade in the future.

David G3NRT/Z21NRT
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    That is a possibility or get it sent to a friend (I have already asked!) and get them to re-package and re-send it to me!
  • gerard hol
    gerard hol Member
    edited February 2019
    That's were a buy my 6600m, goog guy.
  • gerard hol
    gerard hol Member
    edited February 2019
    David you can let it send to my adress, than I'll send to your adres
  • gerard hol
    gerard hol Member
    edited February 2019
    Let me now if I can help, pa0piw Gerard
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Many, many thanks for your kind offer Gerard.  

I am waiting for an invoice from Ger PA0AER at ParmaCom in which case I may be OK otherwise, I will surely take up your kind offer ... 

Your offer just shows what a great hobby this is when we are prepared to help each other out in this way!  
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My new FHM-2 mic was ordered on Monday morning from ParmaCom and delivered today!  Amazing service from Europe to the UK!

To Gerard PA0PIW - I am sorted now but thank you again for offering to be my mailbox!  Very much appreciated!  73

David G4NRT/Z21NRT
  • gerard hol
    gerard hol Member
    edited February 2019
    Have fun David, 73.s.Gerard.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.