Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SliceMaster is Missing

Mike Peron
Mike Peron Member ✭✭

I went to launch SliceMaster a few weeks ago using the shortcut on my Desktop and it wouldn’t open. A search of my Laptop’s hard drive shows the last version of SliceMaster (v0.10.5.h) that I downloaded on 12/9 is no longer in its original folder. That location was  C:/users/WB6UTW/appdata/local/temp in a folder called WZ3965. Oddly, the first version (v0.10.5.e) that I downloaded on 12/5 was stored under C:/My Documents. Going into my PC’s Control Panel under “Uninstall a Program”, SliceMaster is nowhere to be found.

I am using a new 6600M that I have not been able to get reliably connected to HRD or CwSkimmer. Hence my motivation for SliceMaster. Prior attempts yielded inconsistent results.  

I did find some remnants of SliceMaster on my laptop at a location I was not aware of: C:/users/WB6UTW/appdata/local/K1DBO. There are two sub folders in this folder: 1) “Slice-master” (log files dating back to 12/15) and 2) “Temp” (with 3 executable CWSkimmer files; a main one and then one for Slice A and one for Slice B)

I have three questions:

1) Has anyone ever experienced this? I’m confident I didn’t intentionally delete it

2) Can I simply delete the K1DBO remnant CwSkimmer and log-file related files then re-install v0.10.5.h?

3) Should I force a different storage location on my C drive during re-install?

Any insight and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance and best 73,

Mike

WB6UTW

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Mike

Slicemaster does not have an installer.  It runs on its own, that is why would couldn't find it.  I would go look in downloads folder for it.

2)  You should be able to do that.  Not sure why you would want to, but maybe Don will jump in.

Mike
  • Mike Peron
    Mike Peron Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for your quick reply. I did find a Zip file of that older e) version in my "Downloads" folder that I must have saved during my first download. Sounds like I should delete that file also then direct a fresh h) version to this "Downloads" folder in .zip format. 73, Mike 
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Your virusscanner may have decided that the file should be deleted. Exclude it. 73 Andy KU7T
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Mike,

I think Mike and Andy about covered it.  The key points being that Slice Master doesnt have an installer so doesnt show up in any particular location.  When you open the zip you can choose to extract the files to any folder of your choosing... including your desktop.  The only file you really need is the executable itself.  There's also a README and a CHANGES file that you might find interesting.  

When Slice Master first runs it creates a folder in the user's AppDataLocal folder and that's where it stores your configurations and logs.   Simply removing that folder is like uninstalling Slice Master.  But the next time you run it, it will re-create the folder with "factory" defaults.  It's also always "safe" to just upgrade at any time.  It's my job to make sure your older configuration will work with newer versions.  I havent put much though into what would happen if you ran an older version with a newer config folder, but it's quite likely going in that direction will work too.  That said... stick with the latest version or send me an email to let me know why you like the older version better.

Good luck!

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.