Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.2.39 and the SmartSDR v3.2.39 Release Notes. | SmartSDR v2.7.6 and the SmartSDR v2.7.6 Release Notes.
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes. | Power Genius XL Firmware v3.5.23. | Power Genius XL Utility v2.2.10.
SliceMaster is Missing
I went to launch SliceMaster a few weeks ago using the shortcut on my Desktop and it wouldn’t open. A search of my Laptop’s hard drive shows the last version of SliceMaster (v0.10.5.h) that I downloaded on 12/9 is no longer in its original folder. That location was C:/users/WB6UTW/appdata/local/temp in a folder called WZ3965. Oddly, the first version (v0.10.5.e) that I downloaded on 12/5 was stored under C:/My Documents. Going into my PC’s Control Panel under “Uninstall a Program”, SliceMaster is nowhere to be found.
I am using a new 6600M that I have not been able to get reliably connected to HRD or CwSkimmer. Hence my motivation for SliceMaster. Prior attempts yielded inconsistent results.
I did find some remnants of SliceMaster on my laptop at a location I was not aware of: C:/users/WB6UTW/appdata/local/K1DBO. There are two sub folders in this folder: 1) “Slice-master” (log files dating back to 12/15) and 2) “Temp” (with 3 executable CWSkimmer files; a main one and then one for Slice A and one for Slice .
I have three questions:
1) Has anyone ever experienced this? I’m confident I didn’t intentionally delete it
2) Can I simply delete the K1DBO remnant CwSkimmer and log-file related files then re-install v0.10.5.h?
3) Should I force a different storage location on my C drive during re-install?
Any insight and suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance and best 73,
Leave a Comment
- 16.6K All Categories
- 80 Community Topics
- 1.9K New Ideas
- 172 The Flea Market
- 5.6K Software
- 5K SmartSDR for Windows
- 59 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 123 SmartSDR for Mac
- 160 SmartSDR for iOS
- 156 SmartSDR CAT
- 80 DAX
- 285 SmartSDR API
- 7.3K Radios and Accessories
- 6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 582 Maestro
- 16 FlexControl
- 744 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 204 Power Genius Products
- 149 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 16 Power Genius Utility
- 39 Tuner Genius
- 56 Shack Infrastructure
- 30 Networking
- 124 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 61 Contesting
- 175 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 66 Amateur Radio Interests
- 464 Third-Party Software