Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexLogger Emerges

Comments

• Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    For those of you that have FlexLogger 0.0.7.0 I have updated it to 0.0.8.0.  go to the help menu and select "Check for updates..."

The changes:

Changes:

- Changed spots list font to correct size
    - Changed audio list font to correct size
    - Adjusted displays on log management view to fit screen 
    - Added reminder popup message to commit imports to your database
    - Added logging to QRZ and HamQTH lookups
    - Fixed 160m spot filter issue
    - Added spot filters for 2190, 630 and 560m bands
    - Added "run a program" feature to macro buttons
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I just downloaded and installed FlexLogger on my WinBlows 10 machine. Came up just fine, did a little config work. Then I 'threw the book' at it, 4992+ log entries downloaded from my QRZ log in the requisite ADI mormat....WOW, worked great and appears to be goin great guns so far. Great Job Mark... now, where is the 0.0.8.0 I downloaded just now?!    Jim KJ7S
  • Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Unfortunately Flexlogger is not suitable for my monitors, Slice A and Slice B cover half of the log and control portion. Plus the active part of the logger is only a portion of the visible area, most of the area is white.
    Also I cannot reduce the size of the  display, .
    Ross
    ZL1WN
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Ross , each of the windows is a pop-out and can be resized or move anywhere on your screen-  open it up find a section yo can see, right click on that window and choose pop-out now move and resize according to your needs, also a right click on each window will allow you to change that Panels color as well.. Hopefully this will help
  • Bernie W7DMC
    Bernie W7DMC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mark, awesome job, thanks for all your hard work !
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Steve... Added that feature in 0.0.8.0 which is out now.  Check for updates.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Jim,

Good to hear.  Use the check for updates menu under help.  It will download and on your next restart of FL it will install the update.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Ross,

Under the panel menu try reset panels to defaults.  Please note you can turn panels off too that you will not use.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks Bernie
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Bingo! I like the popup flag reminding you to commit. Wonder if there is one of those on the on-line marriage license sites?
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi all,

Thanks for giving this try.  I realize there are some people with smaller monitors.  The very design behind FlexLogger is to allow you to customize the display as you see fit.

Each panel can be moved and sized.  To size a panel, click and drag on the size X in the lower right.  To move a panel click on the panel and just drag it where you want.

Under the panels menu you can turn off panels you don't want.  Use the panels menu and turn off the stuff you are not interested in.

If you have a pretty small display please email me the resolution of your display and I will see what I can do to ensure that FL will work reasonably well on that display.
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Mark,

Just downloaded the logger and noticed that you don't have support for Expert 1K-FA amp as a selection.  Would it be possible to add?

thanks
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Mike,

Probably.  Is yours a V3?   I had one for a while and I had code that worked.

It may take a little back and forth but we will see what we can do as long as you are willing to test for me.

Mark
  • Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    How do I change the size of the log panel if it wont let me see the X?

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Ross, easiest way is to go to the panels menu at the top and reset panels to defaults.  This will size the log panel so you can see the X.

I will ensure the size box is visible in a future release.

• Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Unfortunately going to panels and default does not show the X on the log panel

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I got to it by going full screen on the window.
  • Mike RA3FY
    Mike RA3FY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    no ways....
    Did not get results
    I've got right latitude and longitude settings,
    and internet connection is fast and solid. 
    Has set login and password at the qrz and ham qth is correctly.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Mike,

If you are not running V0.0.8.0 please use help menu and run check for updates.  The update will download and then restart the program and install it.

With 0.0.8.0 I have some logging in place for QRZ and Qth lookups.   After you try a lookup and it fails please send me your latest log file from the directory:

C:WS7MAppsFlexLoggerLogs

I'll try to figure out why it is not running for you.

Mark - ws7m@arrl.net
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    This looks like it will be incredibly useful and thank you so much for your work!
    My current modus operandi are that I fire up JTAlertX which in its turn starts WSJT-X then other applications such as Log4OM, Slice Master 6000 etc.  JTAlertX is what logs to Log4OM and that in its turn logs to QRZ.com.

Does this logger make JTAlertX redundant? 

What should I stop using in order to use this instead?  I can see that I need to import my Log4OM logs into it (or do that from QRZ.com).  What happens with PSKReporter etc, all of which (AFAIK) take their data from JTAlertX?

I am very excited about this project and very happy to switch over to it once I understand what is required.

Thanks!  David G4NRT/Z21NRT
  • Mike RA3FY
    Mike RA3FY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I did it.
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi David,

First thank you for taking a look.

Please be aware the program is in the very early stages of functionality.  There will likely be issues and problems and there will be changes as the program evolves.

Since I use the FlexLogger myself it will be a priority to keep it functional for my own purposes so I do not expect to include breaking changes without some very careful thought on how to make them less painful.

Really the decision to move to this program will need to lay with you and how tolerant you are of a program that will be evolving as you use it.

As far as it replacing JTAlert I think the answer is no.  JTAlert does somethings still that FlexLogger cannot do.  It has all those nice fields to notify you of different calls and things you should work.  It also has audible alerts.  None of that is present (yet) in FlexLogger.  I have plans to add much but as a single developer with a full time job things will come in slowly at times.

I have not run JTAlert in a while but there is one possible issue.   The UDP broadcast made from WSJT-X seems to be setup in a way that there can only be one consumer of that broadcast.   It seems like the first connector to the UDP broadcast gets the data.  The others, while they connect, do not receive the data.  They get nothing.

I am not sure if this will be the case with JTAlert.  I have not had time to try it.  But I suspect if you run JTAlert first then FlexLogger will not receive data or the log broadcasts from WSJT-X.  If this is true then it motivates me more to build in some JTAlert type features into flex logger so it can be a replacement for JTAlert.  Anyway some testing needs to be done there.  When I get the time, perhaps this weekend I will check it out.

If however your main use of JTAlert was just to automate your logging and you really are not using the special features to notify you of calls and needed connections then you can do everything in FlexLogger.  Just set it to monitor WSJT-X and logging becomes almost 100% automatic.

Again with things like PSKReporter, I have all the intentions in the world of making those features happen in FlexLogger but they simply are not there yet.

So in the interim here is what you can try:

The best case test would be if JTAlert and FlexLogger play nice and both get the WSJT-X broadcasts.  If this works then continue to use JTAlert but set the logging off so that FlexLogger receives the log broadcasts and will log for you.  This is what I will try this weekend and see if it works or if there is a way to make it work.

The alternative if you really want all the JTAlert features is to keep running it.  Set Flex logger to NOT monitor WSJT.   Have JTAlert and WSJT-X set to log to an ADIF file (I think WSJT does this by default) and after a run just import that ADIF file into Flex logger using the import.   This not pretty but it would work.

Lastly if you can do without the JTAlert features then as I said you can do most stuff in FlexLogger.  But you will not get PSK reporting or the fancy needed call stuff.  FlexLogger will tell you about stations you've worked before.

I also do not have a way yet in FlexLogger to upload logs to QRZ.  Yet another item for the list.

Thanks David!  You just made my to do list bigger!   <grin>

Mark
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Pretty impressive Mark. I would like to see some improvement in Log Management. For example, I successfully imported the adi that was exported by HRD. I would want to do this regularly but what it appears to do is append the entire log so now I have duplicates of every log. Should have a few options like ignore duplicates, and delete all.

Keep up the good work, wow!
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Mike,

Thanks.  Yes I agree.  The import needs to have some more options.   I will add your ideas to my ever growing list.

There is a tab called issues.   The goal of this is to allow you to fix issues in your current log such as duplicates, missing data etc.

Both import and issues can run each QSO through a script you write which can do almost any analysis of the QSO to determine how to fix it or import it.

I do agree that is a very advanced feature and for the average user some common ways to deal with things would be very hand.

Mark
  • Don w2xb
    Don w2xb Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Great software Mark, I can't get log to show.Goes thru all steps

but it doesn't appear in box.
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    LOL... if the log doesn't show then it certainly isn't "great"... well yet...

So Don, the biggest possibility is that you did not press the "Commit to database" button.

this is the final button on the import.  It looks like this:image

If you are running 0.0.7.0 then it is possible this button is covered up and you cannot see it.  Also try making the window full screen if you do not see the button.

If you are running 0.0.7.0 then use the help menu to check for updates and update to 0.0.8.0 which fixes some screen issues.

If you still don't have any luck, let me know what version you are running of FlexLogger and send me your ADI file you are trying to import and I'll see what I can figure out.

Mark - ws7m@arrl.net

• Don w2xb
    Don w2xb Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Tks Mark, 
    Got didn't have version 8

Don...w2xb
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mark,  I don't think mine is v3.  Its about 3 years old now.   I am guessing v1.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mike,

I think you might be surprised.  Check the firmware version on the amp. That is what I'm referring to.

Mark
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Very nice !!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.