Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600m. USB

Jimmy Collis
Jimmy Collis Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is it possible to use USB on back of 6600m to go directly from USB from radio straight to the PC to work wsjtx program ft8 and not use smart sdr I'm using USB to female serial from 6600m then I'm connecting Male serial to USB to plug into computer cant get to work I want to work ft8 just threw 6600m and PC just like a kenwood or icom no smart sdr at all thanks for any help

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Jimmy

No.  There is no Audio on the USB connector so you can't do it that way.    Do it the old fashion would be a step backwards.

I see you are having issues with WSJTx.  Have you tried using SliceMaster to get things working?

This video might help you out to get it working the way it was designed to work.

Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ww8CcGNAzg

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    You must connect the 6600M to the computer with an Ethernet cable. Then run SmartSDR CAT and SmartSDR DAX on the computer to provide com ports for rig interface and audio channels to the radio respectively. Please see the SmartSDR manual for instructions on setting both CAT and DAX. Note that there is a separate CAT manual available for download as well.

This is the beauty of Flex radios: No audio or CAT cables are required to interface digital mode software. It's all done with virtual cables inside the PC.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    And I will add that with an "M" model, you do NOT need to run SSDR. You need to install it because that's how you get Cat and Dax, but once installed, just start Cat and Dax (after configuring, of course) by themselves and allow the "M" front panel to control aspects of the radio that wsjt-x cannot control (i.e. bandwidth, filters etc).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.