Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR iOS iPhone connection issue

Options
John - K3MA
John - K3MA Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for iOS
I rarely use the iPad version of Smartlink/SmartSDR and have never used the iPhone version.  I had been looking for a DX sked with a rare country and he finally agreed to be available the next day.  Unfortunately, it was at a time when I was going to be driving back home from being at a family get together for Christmas.  I thought no big deal I could load SmartSDR onto my wife's iPhone and stop along the way and make the sked contact.

I loaded the app on her phone and tested it via wifi before we departed and it seemed to work fine.  When the time came for the sked I asked to use her iPhone and started up the app and connected to Smartlink.  The Flex showed and I connected to it.  The SmartSDR user interface with the controls and waterfall/spectrum showed also.  However, there was no RF activity on the spectrum or waterfall resulting in no audio.  Not even the usual band noise.  Just a SmartSDR user interface and control templates.

I disconnected and checked the internet connection was working and data flowing thru the T-Mobile 4G LTE network to the iPhone.  That was all OK as I suspected it would be.  Again I connected thru Smartlink to find the same problem.  I tried a third time and still no activity on the SmartSDR user interface.  At the time we were around a highly populated area north of New York city that has very good T-Mobile 4G LTE coverage so network bandwidth would not seem to be a issue.

Has anyone else experienced the same behavior?
Is there anything else I should check to fix this issue?

I want to get to the bottom of the issue so next time I need the iPhone in a pinch to make a DX contact that it will work properly.

John K3MA

Answers

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I hadn't used my iPhone App in sometime.  I tried to use it yesterday at work and had the same issue.  I could connect via smartlink but I had no audio, no waterfall etc.  Last time I used it it was fine but that's been several weeks ago.  I was able to connect via my laptop just fine but not on my iPhone.
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    As a backup try TeamViewer. It is not pretty but you can make the sled if all else is a problem. 73 Bill W9JJB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.