Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2V RTTY with N1MM+ on 6600

Lawrence Libsch
Lawrence Libsch Member ✭✭
    I have a single antenna, so cannot do SO2R. I am unable to get my SO2V setup to TX on slice B with my present N1MM+ setup. I need help properly setting up slice B so it can TX. Using v2.4.9 and very recent version of N1MM+. I've spent a lot of time with articles in the community, but none seem to address this specifically and in detail. I've also read the N1MM+ wiki on SO2V w/o finding a solution there. Would really appreciate a reply from someone able to provide detailed instructions for a working installation. Spent lots of contest hours working SO2V with the K3. Would like to have this capability with the 6600. Larry, K4KGG

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Larry

I only have a moment, but why not set up your 6600 as SO2R?  

You will need to set up CAT port for both A and B slices and then in N1MM set those as 2 unique radios.

See if this document helps you out:  https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/flex-6700-so2r-configuration-n1mm/

Even though it says Flex 6700, the setup is identical.

Mike 
  • Cosmos (Alan KB5CUS)
    Cosmos (Alan KB5CUS) Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    That's what I ended up doing,,,  setting up as SO2R, MMTTY, & N1NM...  I had **** trying to do So2V...

• Lawrence Libsch
    edited April 2020
    Hi Mike, Cosmos,

Thanks very much for your replies.

If I don't have a second antenna, how do I prevent transmitting into my radio with SO2R?

Larry, K4KGG

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Just continue to use Ant 1 for the 2nd Slice.  
  • Lawrence Libsch
    edited April 2020
    I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Larry, K4KGG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.