Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My 6300 will no longer start - message "no radio found

VA6FH
VA6FH Member ✭✭
My 6300 stopped communicating with my computer - using version 2.3.9 but cannot upgraded nor downgrade

Answers

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Turn off the radio AND unplug power then try to restart
  • VA6FH
    VA6FH Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I did that to the radio, the router, the power supply  and the computer … no luck. Thanks
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Didn’t t realize you were using a router... have you tried connecting the radio directly to the computer??
  • VA6FH
    VA6FH Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The router is for the wireless connection from the computer to the outside world. The is a CAT5 connection from the radio to the computer.
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Have you tried plugging the radio into the router instead of the computer?

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Look at any software firewall program that may be blocking it.
  • VA6FH
    VA6FH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    No … I have never had to do that before … I do have access to the internet from that computer,

• DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    When I first got my 6300, There was an update that caused my radio to not connect directly to my computer, but it would connect via a router. Had something to do with how the IP addresses are assigned.
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Is it possible to try another computer?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    What IP address does your PC have? Are you running static on either?
  • VA6FH
    VA6FH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I am doing that now ...
  • VA6FH
    VA6FH Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Auto assign.
  • VA6FH
    VA6FH Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I thank you all for your help … I moved the radio software to another computer and it seems to be working very well. I guess that I have some sort of wireless/connectivity problem that I need to sort out, but for now … Thanks … Don
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Don,

You might want to check your firewall settings. I use Avast security software and every so often it blocks my radio and I have to reset the firewall parms.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Even though its on Auto assign (DHCP) you would want to check and see what IP address the PC is getting. Just because it is asking for an IP address does not mean it is getting one.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.