Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Not able to transmit when switching from Panadapter A to B

Rich Roby
Rich Roby Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Setup: Flex 6700, Smart SDR v2.4.9, Win 10, One antenna attached to the 6700.

Scenario:
Panadapter A is set to any portion of the 40M band for CW and transmits fine.
Panadapter B is set to a local 6M repeater for monitoring.
When switching from panadapter A to B by clicking on the TX button in the panadapter B window, the 6700 will not transmit. Both panadapters are set to the same antenna. I am able to transmit on 6M when panadapter A is tuned to the 6M repeater. Also have checked power levels for both panadapters to make sure they are not set for zero power. The TX button turns red in panadapter B, the radio "clicks" but to no RF out when trying to transmit on an alternate band in panadapter B. I can hear the repeater identify in panadapter B.

Maybe a better question is how do you switch the transmitter from panadapter A to another panadapter if clicking on the TX button in the alternate panadapter window does not allow the user to transmit. 

I had hoped to be able to respond to a call on a local 6M repeater while working CW on some of the HF bands.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Rich

Can you post a screen shot of when Slice B is active and both in RX and TX.  

When you go into on TX on 6M, so the Transmitter do the 1Mhz offset?

Mike
  • Rich Roby
    Rich Roby Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

• Rich Roby
    Rich Roby Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yes, I have the correct PL tone and the correct offset. When I tune the local 6M repeater in panadapter A everything is great and the radio transmits and receives perfectly. But if configured as per the screenshot I can receive an HF band as per panadapater A and also receive on panadapter B simultaneously just not able to transmit on panadapter B.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Can you post a shot of slice B in TX?  What is the repeater frequency?  Has it worked before?
  • Rich Roby
    Rich Roby Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

• Rich Roby
    Rich Roby Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Here is a screenshot in transmit. Yes but I cannot figure out how to make slice B transmit on a consistent basis. I must have something set up wrong.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I can’t see the screens very clearly but it looks like you are set in CW on 6 meters
  • Rich Roby
    Rich Roby Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Click on the image for a larger view. No I am set to NFM for 6M.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited April 2019
    Hi Rich

This looks like a Bug as I have an issue in 2.4.9 where I can't get the repeater offset to work, but I can get REV to work.  

I am converting this to a support case for you.

Mike 

• Rich Roby
    Rich Roby Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Mike, Thank you. Radio overall is awesome! Just want to be able to monitor the local 6M repeater while working CW on HF bands hoping to make a single click and  then talk with the local hams on the 6M repeater.
  • paul
    paul Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I had a similar  problem with 6600 and 6300. Running  FT8 2.0 in A slice and  HF in  B. after using 6m and going to B HF it would not xmit  in B slice even when reloading profile. Importing old data from  desktop  solved the  problem in  both rigs. Me thinks there is a bug . gl paul, wa3qpx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.