Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bandwidth Presets - SmartSDR and Maestro v2.4.9

Sherman Banks
Sherman Banks Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
The manual states that the maximum receive bandwith is 4 KHz. My presets on SmartSDR and the Maestro are 1.8K, 2.1K, 2.4K, 2.7K, 3.3K, and 6.0K. When hitting BW select on the Maestro it cannot go to the 6.0K preset and is stuck at 3.3K. How can I change the presets to not include 6.0K?

Answers

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I believe the 6K preset is for AM mode only.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    You can manually adjust them with the Hi & Lo Bandwidth knobs but I don't think its a profile you can preset to a new value.
  • Sherman Banks
    Sherman Banks Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I have a workaround for the problem. Select the bandwidth settings you want as "Favorites" by pressing and holding the preset bandwidth button on the Maestro (see Maestro User Guide Section 17.2.) Just don't select the Bandwidth it gets stuck on and the settings will roll around like they should when you keep pressing BW Select.
  • Sherman Banks
    Sherman Banks Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I have discovered that DXLab Commander was preventing the Flex to go above 4.9 KHz in SSB and 1 KHz in CW. To fix this, enter the DXLab Commander Configuration. Under the General Tab check Full-Width RX Filters.

It appears the max bandwidth was limited in Commander to allow the Filter Sliders better control. The developers thinking was if the max RX BW was allowed to be too large the slider would be too difficult to use. I don't use the sliders so it doesn't matter to me!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.