Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Category - SmartLink - All things remote operating

Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
Hi All

We have created a new category called SmartLink to use for SmartLink discussions.  

With SL, we can also expand into all those items that may related to remote operations, such as:
  • Remote control of Antennas, Amps, etc.
  • Remote power on and off of your Radio
  • SmartLink issues
  • Remote Network Bandwidth issues
  • Remote Ideas
And, just about all those that related when you are not at home.

Mike

Comments

• Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    What a great idea Michael. There are so many issues that one could raise that we now need another moderator as poor Tim has more than enough work as it is. Perhaps you? What do you think Tim?

To start the ball rolling, I am in the process of modifying my THP HL2KFX to provide auto band changing as that model is manual switch only. With the BCD option now available from Flex with the parallel cable, it makes changing bands on  the linear remotely, a breeze.  I am intending to use the Unified Microsystems BCD-14 board, to read the band data and switch bands on the linear. If you have a manually switched linear, this might be an option for you.
  • Wlodzimierz Tomczyk
    edited December 2018
    I have been using remote since I got Maestro. It works flawlessly for the most of time now, but it took me a while to build it the way I wanted.
    I use the Maestro to control the 6600M radio at home. The antenna rotor is controlled by PstRotator server/client software and KPA/KAT 500's are remotely controlled by Elecraft's remote software.
    To be able remotely reboot, turn On/Off any of my shack equipment and computers, I purchased Digital Loggers Pro Switch and DIN Power Relay.
    I will publish more details if anyone is interested.

Tom A75GA

• W8WD
    W8WD Member
    edited December 2018
    Michael,
    What ever happened to Multi-client? Is it dead? Its been at least 19 months since I first heard there was consideration to create it... What is the status?

Brian W8WD
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    That will probably not come out till V3 . . . That will be another $200. . . . Just a thought.
  • Robert Gross
    Robert Gross Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

How do you sign up to receive the new category?
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    On the Top Right of this page, see the BLUE Box that reads, FOLLOW,, just click in that box and after signing in, your all set!!!
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    All has been quite for sometime regarding a software update. I'm anticipating and hope for a pre-Christmas release. New software often is like getting a new radio. Anyways on this topic, I surely hope Flexradio will finally address the ability to switch antennas on the Antenna Genius from the Maestro. Talk about integration and how nice that would be.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.