Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is the maximum power for full key down (100% duty cycle) for the new 6600.

Is it 100w or is it a lower backed off power ?

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    100W
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    100W ... curious, what makes you ask?
  • Phil X Simpson
    edited December 2018
    I am tied between the 6600 and the anan7000, just that the latter only recommends that you don't exceed 30w on ft8/rtty/data/full key down. Smart money is with the flex

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited December 2018
    You can operate 100W on all modes other than AM.    

The other things to consider is longer term supportability and dealing with a US company vs. overseas for support.  Flex also has a support team in Austin where the Anan is best effort community support.  

I can tell you what other people have told me on the phone who are in your decision point is that you will find that PowerSDR is great if you want to tinker with every setting.  SmartSDR is already optimized for the best user experience (not my words :) ).

Mike

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi Phil, I did 100W FT8 for several hours, Temp. was abt. 50° C with 21° ambient. With having FT8 2x on 2 SCUs, which is abt. 90% duty cycle I did for abt. 1.5h and Temp was abt. 87°C, then I stopped becaus wasnt sure how long it will be Ok. Never had any drop outs even under heavy usage. 73 de DL4RCE Volker
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭

You are limited to 25W on AM for 100% modulation as 25 watts will give 100W PEP.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.