Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

settings on the flex6400m/6600m for fldigi

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Third-Party Software
Good morning everyone.  Been at this for about 3 days now.  Talked on the phone with my old friend W9NWR for an hour trying to get fldigi and the flex 6600m working is unision.  fl digi does not track with the radio.  It worked once on 40 meters.  Went back to that configuration now it does not work.  Looking for anything that will help?  

Answers

• WQ2H - Jim Poulette
    edited March 2020
    Hi John,

When you set it up did you follow the instructions "Setting up FLDIGI" in the FLEX-6000 Signature Series - SmartSDR for Windows Software User’s Guide ? (Para 34.4.1 - page 131)  https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/

I found the instructions worked without issue the first time, and I've been using it every week since.

Good luck !
    Jim, WQ2H

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Do not see a file that is rigcat xml in the link.  Already have SmartSDR_SliceA in rig control.   Rig is no following the software.  i.e.  when I change freq on the flex, it does not follow.

• David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Here's a screenshot of my setup.  Note the following:

1. There is no other program accessing the Flex slice that fldigi is accessing.
    2. The baud rate fldigi must match the baud rate in SmartSDR.
    3.  I am using CAT for PTT.  Not sure if DTR/RS will work.

I hope this helps.  If not, I'm happy to get on your system via Teamviewer and help diagnose and correct your setup.

73 - David, AG4Fimage
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Mine looks the same.  I am working somewhat.  By that I am send and receiving . Made a few PSK 31 contacts.   The logbook is not working.  I have a lot to learn as I have been off digital for about 3 years to take care of my wife full time.  She is in a much better place now.  I had another ham offer to do the same yesterday and he fixed a few things.  I am tied up today as I  with the help of 2 local hams are going to put up a Gap titan vertical.  Email me at kb4oif@cox.net  . 
  • Amlan - AI6XN
    Amlan - AI6XN Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi I am trying to use a Raspberry PI with Raspbian to run the fldigi and to have it connect to the 6600M. Is that something even possible to do? 
  • Dale - AE6DS
    Dale - AE6DS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The audio should work the same as any other non-Flex rig via phones and mic jacks. Rig control might be a problem. How were you planning to trigger TX?
  • Amlan - AI6XN
    Amlan - AI6XN Member
    edited June 2020
    You are absolutely right. I think one option is to plug the Pi in directly to the USB hub of the flex. then you can use USB terms to trigger tx using WSJTX and other software that support USB triggering. But pure ethernet triggering seems elusive unless you use Windows or OSX/iOS.  Something has to handle the cat over TCP 
  • Dale - AE6DS
    Dale - AE6DS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If you’re not picky, you can disable rig control entirely, tune with the raidio controls, and use VOX to trigger TX. I have done that on other rigs when portable with a failed serial cable, but it would not be my choice for setting up my QTH. Running digi modes with SmartSDR and DAX is a much cleaner setup....
  • AB8YZ
    AB8YZ Member ✭✭
    Trying to get FLDIGi to work. I have Audio set right. I downloaded the Slice A xml file. Set Device COM5 baud 38400 1 Stop Bit. Checked CAT Command for PTT. Did Save and Close. When I click the CQ button I see the text on the screen but my 6400M doesn't go into TX.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

When I did it, I used FLRig to communicate with the Radio via a LAN connection. You may want to look into that as an option to using an XML file. It is actually less complicated.

@AB8YZ in SmartSDR CAT does it show that FLDigi is connected to that port? Look for the line starting with "Process". If it says none, then you have an issue in your Configuration settings.

As usual, posting screen shots really helps to diagnose the issue.

• The Flex 6600 follows the mode selected in the pulldown window of FLDIGI. I guess this is as designed. When the Flex 6600 mode in the slice is set to CW as it follows the CW choice in the pulldown menu in FLDIGI and I am tuned to a CW signal the CW signal from FLDIGI is horribly loud and distorted. When it is set to DIGU following setting PKTUSB in the FLDIGI pulldown menu the CW signal is OK but then FLDIGI cannot copy and display the received CW signal. Anyone have any thoughts about what I am doing wrong?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.