Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The Radio Panel Has Disappeared

Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
The radio panel no longer appears on my 6400 with latest software.  I can click on the icon for it and I get a plain white rectangle down in the task bar and no radio panel.  I tried reloading smartsdr with no success,  I also tried loading an earlier saved profile with no success. Running 2.4.9. Any ideas?

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

I can't help you with your problem but I can make a recommendation. So many things can go wrong that it takes a "Tim" or others to figure it out. I take the "chicken's" way out and perform an image of my hard drive. When ever some of this "****" happens, I just reimage my drive back to when everything was working and go about my merry way. You might consider using a program called "active disk image". I have a micro-SD chip plugged into my Surface Pro, and when ever something happens, I am back to where I was in less than ten minutes.

Jim, K6QE
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    It isn't clear what screen is not showing up.  Can you post a screen shot?

Windows has a built in Snipping Tool that you can use to do this.

thanks
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    The radio panel is the one where you can determine what "windows" appear within.  I know how to populate it with the various options... the problem is that the radio panel it simply not there .  No empty window, just nothing.  I can toggle the tower icon but it does nothing.    
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm at work and can't post at the moment.  It is the radio panel that contains the equalizer, tx stuff,rxstuff, etc.  It has disappeared from the screen entirely.  If I go down to the task bar where I execute smartsdr from, I see a white box.  I'm thinking maybe it is way off the screen somehow.   If I click on the white box in the task bar, nothing happens.  
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    there is no radio panel whatsoever on the screen so the enabling buttons do nothing (at least nothing I can see on the screen)
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Sounds like it is loading off screen, try the method of using the shift key while clicking on the task bar icon (rectangle box) you mentioned and then selecting MOVE to drag it back into the viewable screen.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    At the bottom left hand corner of the Smart SDR (tm) is a icon showing antenna tower with RF field around it. This enables the radio panel of hides it.

A rather tricky one!

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.  In this screenshot, the lower left icon will toggle the whole right panel on/off.  The buttons in the top right will toggle individual panels on/off. 

Also, it is worth noting that you can pop out that entire panel using the button with the arrow pointing to the upper right near the far upper right corner of the form.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    #include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
    {
      printf("Thanks Eric!
    ");
      return (0);
    }

• Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I understand the controls and have been using them for quite awhile,  In my situation the radio panel has disappeared and none of the normal controls bring it back :-(  I think somehow it is stuck off the viewable screen.
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks, I will try it when I get home from work.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    Check the taskbar.  Is there an extra window indicating that the window was popped out?  If so, you can left click on the icon in the task manager and then right click on the icon that looks like the window you want and select Move.  Then use the keyboard to move the window back onto the screen.
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Eric,
    Thanks for the info.  The radio panel had moved off the right side of the screen which must have happened when I installed a new 2nd monitor.  All is well now.. Thanks to the others for the suggestions also.  
  • anthony
    anthony Member
    [{"insert":"always great advice hear what a great radio (6400) i am always learning something.. thank you flexradio and the great people out hear.. N6RIP \n"}]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.