Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink no longer connects

K9SO
K9SO Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I set up SmartLink on my new 6600 and all was working well. My brother (K2OC) tested it from 1900 miles away in Arizona and was able to log in and control the radio.

I just traveled to Az last night and we were no longer able to connect to the radio from the same computer. I tried another computer also without success.

Using the latest SW. I am able to log in successfully and the network test light is still returning a green light. The UPnP connections still look good. But the "connect" button frustratingly does nothing.

As far as I know I haven't changed anything. Anyone have some suggestions as to what to try?

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I would not touch anything, there is already a thread about this down the page.
    Mike has tested it and finds it is working ok,,but for some there still seems to be a problem for now.
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I started the other thread yesterday and it seems a 50/50 shot if it works for you or not.  What fixed it for me was power cycling the radio.

May have been coincidental but not sure.

GL!
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Power cycling the radio also fixed my issue.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This is interesting,,another thing for Flex to look into...

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I would like to see an official response to this issue. I just spent $4000 on a new radio and it doesn't work as advertised.
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    SmartLink is working well in western Washington. The radio is on Comcast. I'm testing SmartLink right now using a Windows tablet on an AT&T cellular hotspot via WiFi.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Open a help desk ticket.  I have found Flex to be more responsive than any other ham manufacturer I have dealt with in 50+ years.  They not only advised me of a problem resolution, they personally coached me in understanding and implementing each step in the resolution process.
  • K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    A power cycle corrected this issue, but it had to wait until I got back home. Not the end of the world, but very disappointing as I was hoping the software would be more stable by now. I am able to do a power reset remotely inside my regular remote network, but I thought I could get away without it for a few days as I traveled to different locations. 

Once again, this demonstrates the need for a remote reboot capability. 

Fred,

K9SO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.