Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart link down?

Matt (K0KB)
Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Appears the service is down again?  Having trouble connecting all morning but had no problems yesterday and all my network stuff appears to be in order.

Comments

• Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    SmartLink is up.  

I just used my phone to connect to a Radio in Texas (I'm in Toronto)

Mike va3mw

• johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I can't connect to my radio remotely using my iPhone or my Maestro.  iPhone: "Discovering" which never stops.  (Same thing whether iPhone is connecting using wifi or cell network.)  Maestro:  No radios available.

When I connect remotely to my shack computer, I can operate the radio on my home network, but smartlink doesn't connect.  Seems like a server problem to me.

I was able to connect to the radio using the iPhone yesterday.

Hmmm

John
    W4KV
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    I just checked, and it isn't a SmartLink server issue that we can see.  It is up and running and accepting connections.  

I have had this happen to me on an iPhone before and sometimes a complete power cycle of the iPhone has cleared it up.   The other part could be an ISP/Provider issue and we have no control over that part.

Make sure you do a Port check with SmartSDR setup just to see if you are getting a Green light from your home QTH.

Something has changed somewhere.  It wasn't the SL server though.

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I can't connect via SSDR, iPhone or DogParkSDR in Tampa Florida.  Smartlink not working.  If I use the VPN, I can connect but no go on Smartlink.  I can see the radio, just can't connect. 
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    John and Burch,

Thank you for confirming my experience.  I should have mentioned it isn't just my iphone but also my maestro and work PC (windows 10).  The smartsdr on the PC that is local to the radio (same subnet) connects fine and shows green for connection test.

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    On my iPhone, I have tried with both cell service and office wifi.  Won't connect via Smartlink on either.  Just connected to my VPN on the iPhone and can connect just fine to the 6700.  
  • johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Same here.  When I click SL setup, I get the message that the radio isn't registered.  When I click the Register button, after a few seconds, I get a message that it couldn't connect to the server.

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    Could those of you having trouble let us know what region you are in and which internet provider you are using (on both the client and at the radio)?  Thanks.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am currently working in Tampa.  Spectrum internet and AT&T cell service.  Smartlink not working on either.
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm in the North Carolina mountains...it's been down since early morning... IPhone and maestro...
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I rebooted my 6600 and it's working fine.  My ISPs are small but I tried verizon on the client end and nada
  • David H Hickman
    edited March 2019
    It was not working for me at midnight last night.  Verfied from two iCrap devices and from a laptop smartsdr install.

Gotta love cloud based software. No way to troubleshoot it and 11 out of 10 times the company will blame you, your car, your mother, your ISP, the birds in the sky, and the neighbors cow, before they will ever admit fault.

• David H Hickman
    edited October 2018
    Just checked via my pocket iCrap device and it is working as of right now via the deathstar ethers.

• johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    My local (where the 6400 is located) ISP is Verizon FIOS in western PA.  When I connect to the computer there remotely, the 6400 is available in local mode.  When I try Smartlink, I get the screens I posted earlier.

I have tried to connect from my computer and using my Maestro in South Carolina, ISP is Spectrum.  No go.  Using my iPhone, either wireless or cellular, ends up with "Discovering" endlessly.

So, for me, I have 3 services that can't get Smartlink to work with my 6400:  Verizon FIOS in W PA, Spectrum in SC, and ATT wireless cellular service in SC.

Is it just me?

John
    W4KV
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    SmartLink appears to be operating through my Sprint phone ,  IOS and as a hotspot for my laptop.   Do the Network  "Test"   make sure you have a green light and once you do hit "Save" .   

All appears normal in the central Republic of Texas..

Dudley
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Still down in NC... Was working fine last night...regional issues? Tried this morning....Oct. 19 unable to connect.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.