Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX errors after SDR uninstall/re-install with 6600M and 2.4.9

W5AP
W5AP Member
edited May 2019 in DAX
Trying to resolve DAX errors  

Only fixed by un-installing SDR 2.4.9 about five times.....each time the DAX had problems (DAX errors). Only resolved by removing and re-installing each DAX item individually using the un-install   re-install for each item that showed an error.  Also had to remove duplicate hidden (ghosted) audio items ....like double DAX Rx 1 in the Audio section of Device manager.  And rebooting each time until there were no further DAX errors on startup.   Tedious!!!  Must be a sticky registry.  I followed the SDR un-install exactly - being very careful to remove all hidden ports and audio devices in the device manager.  But on restart, would still get DAX errors.   So then I started removing  only the DAX item showing an error using the Programs/Flex/64 bit drivers/ (folder for each item such as IQ or RX) then running the uninstall.bat then install.bat as an administrator.  Then check the Device Manager for any duplicate items in the View/Hidden menu at the top.  Then restart the computer.

I finally got all working 15 minutes after the end of the CQWW test.  Now I can run "dueling cq" with two slices in N1MM+ SO2R mode. I couldn't find anywhere that described exactly how to set up N1MM config - ie what ports set up in CAT used dtr/rts on or off or whatever. I have a CAT port for each slice (with auto switch off) and set for radio 1 and 2. And a PTT port for each slice - also with auto TX swtich OFF, and DTR off, RTS to PTT and radio 1 or 2 set.   Also a OTSTR port set up in "Both". In the N1MM config I have 4 com ports:  As described above, 2 ports - one for each slice(radio 1 and 2), and 2 more "PTT" ports with the check mark in digi/cw and rts set to ptt. And the OTSTR port  - for a total of 5 ports in the SDR CAT window.  Reference Tim's procedure for DAX remove/re-install, And SDR remove/install.

Big learning curve. Complicated, but it works. I hope this helps others setting up SO2R and N1MM+ 

Comments

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Jim Thanks for your input. Tim I had the windows 10 1803 problem that was fixed with the help desk taking over my machine with TeamView. This has been such a common problem and may occur again it would be helpful for Flex support to document how we or a fellow ham could correct these issues. My system works fine after fix but have a lot of extra unused items in the sound window. SO, please provide a Flex support document that explains the problem and the elements that need to be addressed. Also a process to fix our computers. In some cases a user may not be able to get the help desk to fix it. It took 5 days for help desk to coordinate the fix of my computer. Imagine a dxexpedition waiting 5 days for a fix. I know 5 days is not the norm but it was for me this one time. I have had other issues resolved by community Flex reps in hours. I understand that most people should not be fumbling around in the registry but at least explain the problem with it so we know when it is beyond our pay grade. If every computer needs custom fixes then we need help customized but even if so I woul like to understand scope of what is going on. Have not seen an explanation of the function of sound interface with the Flex software. It apparently uses the name to connect to the flex audio and data streams. My 6600 is an awesome radio and does things beyond what I have dreamed of. Help us catch up with power of our radio with supporting knowledge base. I felt a high level of confidence with Tim’s community interaction of the past but interaction has seamed to be lower recently. It helped me separate user conjecture from Flex input to the issues. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have same problem. Uninstall/install new version 5 times. Same error. Any idea what’s wrong? imageimage
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The error messages you posted tell you what the problem is. Which is that the DAX drivers aren't installed correctly. Since you've tried reinstalling 5 times, that indicates that not only the installs are failing, but that the uninstalls are too.

Which points to Ghosted DAX audio devices that need to be removed.

Either that, or there are DAX devices with mangled names.

At this point you will probably need someone that understands both issues to fix it for you, in a Teamviewer session. Maybe you can watch them do the repair, and learn the how's and why's, so that you will be able to fix it yourself next time.

Flexradio can/will fix this quickly, if you submit a helpdesk ticket, and work with them.

There are several Community users who understand, and can fix it too,

I'm one of them. In order to correctly fix it efficiently, I will need a Teamviewer connection. To set that up, contact me in the #Flexradio IRC channel, to join that channel, just click the link in my post signature below.

The IRC web client will need a nickname, enter your callsign, so that I will know it's you, if and when you join the channel.

I'm always logged into the channel, and usually at the keyboard, in the afternoons and evenings.   

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    N2TTA

Hello, I'm out in the hamshack now, and watching the IRC channel.
    I'm ready if and when you are.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Jay I’ll be home in hour, will contact you via chat Thank you!
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Big Thanks to Jay NO5J who spend few hours to fix/clean driver error!!!
    All working now! Yuri

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.