Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I am getting an error code "IPersistfile - failed code 0x80070002" with SDR_v2.4.9

Ernest
Ernest Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Latest SmartSDR v2.4.9 comes up with this particular issue.
However, the F-6700 works fine with both DAX and CAT. Using FT8, CW,SSB etc...
If the error flag did not comes up, I  would have said "my radio is working GREAT."
I have summited a helpdesk ticket.

Answers

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Ernest,

According to the Microsoft Forums website that error code seems to be associated with a disk corruption. Suggest trying chkdsk and in an elevated admin powershell command window:

sfc / scannow

GL

_..--
    k3tim / 7
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    In the past we've said this is usually caused by a corrupted install image.  Apart from checking your disk for non-recoverable errors (described above), throw out the installer image and go get another.  I think that has been the solution in the past.
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    K3TIM & NX6D,
    I will follow your instructions and I will let you know tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get it resolved before Flex calls.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If you are using Windows Defender as your anti virus program, I believe this is related to the Controlled Folders access which will not allow certain folders such as Documents and Desktop to be modified by  programs such as the Flex update.  You can turn off Controlled folder access temporarily for the update if you want.  I will do more research into the problem unless Flex has an answer for us.  I also ran into this problem during update but it did not affect anything here except the shortcut Icons were not installed on the desktop, I had to manually add them to my system. 

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Problem solved!
    Thanks to K3TIM - NX6D - K4JAF
    I recomposed their suggestions to highlight their information how I solved these issues.
    1.The Microsoft Forum indicated that these error seems to be associated with a hard disk corruption. They suggest trying performing a CHKDSK for a possible hard drive error.
    2. This is  caused by a corrupted install image. Delete the installed image (SmartSDR vX.X.X) and download a new SmartSDR vX.X.X.
    3. If you are using Windows Defender as your antivirus program; go to window START, Window Defender Security Center and click (open) Virus & threat protection, click on Virus and threat protection settings. You can turn off Controlled folder access temporarily, for the update.
    4. Download SmartSDR vX.X.X from FlexRadio web page "SOFTWARE" this may be the secret: I was downloading SmartSDR from "SUPPORT cloud Download." This appears to be unusable; since the error reappeared several time that I try.
    A. I turned the computer and the radio off after each steps above.
    B. After step #4 the radio was turned on. No more error codeSmartSDR v2.4.9 DAX and CAT icons appeared on the desktop and the Flex-6700 was back on the air.
    C. Don't forget to turn step #3 back on.
    I hope that this will correct and solve the error code issue for you too. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.