Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX audio gone completely

Justin
Justin Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
When installing 2.4.9 I had a DAX audio error screen appear. After rebooting the PC it was still there so removed the DAX audio list form the device manager and re-installed. Howeveer, although the re-install completed without error, the DAX audio drivers/devices did not re-appear in the sound source/destination list and therefore, cannot be used with the radio.

Any ideas how to fix?

I cannot uninstall and re-install manually as they are not there.

Justin G0KSC

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi Justin, do you have a PC connected to the Flex you can get to by RDP or VNC.? Is there a way to do a remote on/off (relay closure device)? What are you using on the remote end?
  • Justin
    Justin Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi,

The flex is on my local network. the problem is the DAX devices are no longer installed on my PC. If I remote to my Spanish home PC (I am in the UK) and boot the client there, I can connect the the 6700 here and DAX works fine as it is still installed on that machine and did not have the same fault upon install

• Justin
    Justin Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks but guess you did not read as far as the point that I cannot uninstall because they are not there to uninstall

• Justin
    Justin Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi Jim, thanks again for this link. Even though there was nothing there, I followed the uninstall directions, restarted the PC and run CCcleaner to remove any unwanted registry entries. I also run the Flex uninstall form registry commands too. The final precaution I took was to delete the Flex Radio folder wihtin 'Program Files' and install into a folder of a different name and now all is working again.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Justin G0KSC
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

Flex direly needs a better way to uninstall/reinstall SmartSDR. I spent two hours grooming my skills on this procedure and it is getting soooooo old.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    Justin,

Is it possible that you uninstalled an older version of SmartSDR after installing the new version?  During the uninstallation, you will get a prompt that asks if you want to leave the DAX drivers installed.  If you say no, they will be uninstalled.  This might explain what you are seeing.

If this is the case, the solution is to simply uninstall SmartSDR v2.4.9 and reinstall as this will take care of the drivers on the re-installation.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    Note the this procedure would only be recommended in cases where a complete and total removal of all SmartSDR software was necessary.  This would be an usual situation.  The typical uninstall from Windows takes care of the critical pieces.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.