Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400 with Maestro and PC

Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a recent Flex 6400 running the latest SmartSDR and I wish to mount the 6400 away from the operating position but still tied to my pc that has dual hdmi monitors.  I would like to add a Maestro for the benefit of the controls but using the PC to drive my monitors.  I see a year old reference that it may be coming.  Can we have an update?
Thanks... W2PH

Answers

• Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    We don't yet have multi-client which is what you would need to do what you want to do.
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the reply, yes, I am looking to do multiclient as it has been defined... Operating the Maestro while observing the hdmi outputs on the PC.  I guess I will wait to buy the Maestro then. 
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Well Ed, I just purchased my first Maestro.  In fact this AM was my first ever setup/use.   While we do not have multi-client yet I am impressed by the Maestro.

I can completely see use for it while I was a pretty committed PC/Laptop user with SSDR.

I believe multi-client is coming for the very reason you mention.  But I think the Maestro definitely has uses right now.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Mark,

Based on your description,  you can do that now. You don't need multi-client.  The radio is on your LAN and your monitors are on your PC.  Is that what you are saying?

Can you sketch a diagram or am I missing something?  

Oh, wait.  I see what you mean.  You could operate a FlexKnob on the PC and not need the Maestro.

Mike

• Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Mike,
    I am already using a Flex Knob but wanted to move to a Maestro instead.  It would mean I would need for the Maestro and the PC to access the same Flex 6400 at the same time which I believe is not yet possible.  
  • George Fenwick
    edited September 2018
    I use both a Flex Knob and Maestro and my pc all at the same time. Works just fine.image
  • George Fenwick
    edited September 2018
    Sorry. I use the CMD micro and flex knob together! Maestro is in the other room!
  • George Fenwick
    edited June 2020
    Interestingly, the CMD Micro does still control the Flex 6700 when using the Maestro, while the Flex Knob does not.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited September 2018
    If you use DDUtil and connect the Flex knob through DDUtil instead of SmartSDR you can use the Flex knob and Maestro at same time.

I opted for a 6600 and Maestro instead of 6600M. It provides me more Flexibility in operating. Since I have a 50" 4K monitor I use SmartSDR with other software.

Here's one of my desktop configurations.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.