Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slicemaster v0.10.5d Launch tab empty

Andrew - G0RVM
Andrew - G0RVM Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in Third-Party Software
I've installed Slicemaster and it seems to run ok (it doesn't report errors and seems to connect to a specified cluster server ok), but there are no fields/controls shown on the Launch tab (Other tabs are ok) of its dialog box.  I've tried running Slicemaster with Administrator permissions and explored Windows compatibility mode.  Nothing seems to help.  What have I missed?

Slicemaster v0.10.5d
SSDR v2.3.9
Flex-6600
Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (1803)
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Thanks,
Andrew
G0RVM

Comments

• Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I hate to mention this, but do you have any of his supported programs installed on your PC?  According to K1DBO's documrntation:

"Dont worry if your list of application doesn't match what you see here. Slice Master 6000 will not present launch options for programs that are not installed on your computer."

• Andrew - G0RVM
    Andrew - G0RVM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi Greg,

I have DM780 v6.4.0.876, Fldigi 4.0.17 and wsjt-x v1.9.1 installed and working just fine.
    No Gritty or cw_skimmer tho.

Andrew
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Are they installed to their default locations? i.e. do you, perhaps, have an SSD drive, separate for apps from the Windows boot partition/drive?  Just kicking around some possibilities.  Hopefully Don, K1DBO will chime in here.
  • Andrew - G0RVM
    Andrew - G0RVM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Greg, funny you should mention that as I was just thinking 'How does it know what apps are installed?'  :-)

All my apps are installed on a 'd:' drive so not in default locations.  I've been doing some digging and spotted Slicemaster has a 'config.ini' file that contains file specifications.  For example:

exe_path = "C:WSJTwsjtxinwsjtx.exe"
    exe_path64 = "C:WSJTwsjtxinwsjtx.exe"

I'm going to change those and see what happens....

Andrew
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    It can't hurt, and may resolve things for you!
  • Andrew - G0RVM
    Andrew - G0RVM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Greg, 

OK, now I have some launch options :-)

Don't think I missed that in the user guide tho....  Maybe K1DBO can add a sentence or two.

Anyway, thanks for your help.  Hopefully this thread will help anyone else who falls into the same trap :-)

Cheers,
    Andrew
    G0RVM

• Ed N5DG
    Ed N5DG Member
    edited September 2018
    Greg , I have not found the Slice Master  INI file , Where may I fine it ? Using window 7 here 
    Thanks Ed
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I do not currently have Slice Master installed, so I don't know where it's located.  It may be under your user name then in the AppData folder.  Windows 7 and newer don't typically allow configuration files to be written to the Program Files folder where the apps reside.

Hopefully, Andrew can chime in with his experience on the INI file location.  I would assume it's similar for Windows 7 as it is for 10.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    I get this happening when DAX isn't running.

Mike
  • Andrew Thall
    Andrew Thall Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I recently had that happen to me.  I had just gotten my 6300 back from Flex repair.  The fix was to make sure my call sign was in the Flex radio set-up -- it had gotten erased during the repair. 
    Good luck,
    Andy, k2oo
  • Andrew - G0RVM
    Andrew - G0RVM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    On my Win10 system the ini file is located in folder:
    C:Usersreplace_with_your_usernameAppDataLocalK1DBOslice-master

In that folder is the Slicemaster configuration and log files.  To change the contents of the config (config.ini) file ensure Slicemaster is not running and use only a basic text editor such as Notepad.

Andrew
    G0RVM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.