Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dual antenna connection

Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
I run a new coax from 6el 5m antenna and connected it to Ant2.
Ant1 is a 2el Steppir connected through Microham Power meter.
I was suprised to see that when I TX on Ant2 50mhz antenna, my power meter (that connected to Ant1) shows 0.011w and SWR 8.47. 
Any idea why I would see SWR reading from Ant 1 when I transmitting to Ant 2?
No other panadapters/slices active at that time, only slice A.
Thanks
Sergey, KN7K

Answers

• Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Sounds like you have reflected power coming back from Ant1 and it’s feedline into the SWR meter and there’s no output power on Ant2; hence, high SWR ratio of reflected vs forward power.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    It seems like the case. Antennas about 3ft apart on small tower. It is not a problem yet as I am running 100w for now. Interesting to see what will be the reading when I will have an amp.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The antenna inputs have 70db isolation. but in some cases when antennas are to close as said by Paul it is common to use a band pass filter for even more isolation when using an amp.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Any recommendation for a band pass filters?
    Thanks
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Paul,
    Thanks you for suggestion.
    Will have to check how does it look at higher power.
    Currently I just tested on 50mhz antenna with 100w from flex 6600.
    Next thing to try to TX on 1.8-28mhz with Acom 2000a and see how it will impact the 50mhz.
    If it will be an issue than will consider the filters.
    Sergey, KN7K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.