Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB Cables

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just installed 2.1 and one of my USB cables is hashed out. What does this mean. This cable controls my 4o3a antenna switch. I'm dead in the water right now.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Inactive Employee
    edited January 2018
    Don't give up yet,  try a power down and remove the DC for a minute or so ..    Then power up and try again .. 
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I followed the installation instructions completely, shutdown radio, removed power and uninstalled previous version of SSDR. Installed new version (2.1). Restarted radio no antennas. Shutdown radio, unplugged power supply and waited two minutes. Turned everything back on and antennas are OK.
    The USB cable status window still has hash marks thru antenna switch selection.

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I was hoping the 4o3a antenna switch and rotator genius software would have been intergrated with this version. Maybe down the road.
  • Abed - AB5ED
    Abed - AB5ED Inactive Employee
    edited January 2018
    Bob, the hash means that the radio thinks the USB cable is unplugged.  Have you tried unplugging and then plugging in the USB cable again?
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi Bob, how did you solve this? Run into the same problem after changing my usb hub to a newer seven port hub...73 Kari
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If a cable is plugged into one the usb sockets and is not connected at the other end it will be hashed out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.