Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex stop shipping PGXL?

Options
2»

Answers

• Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Brad, 

Thank you so much for your kind words. We LOVE hearing this sort of feedback as we pour a lot of ourselves into the work that we do.

The greatest reward is to hear that our efforts positively impact others as we truly exist to enrich lives. We hope to accomplish this even in times when we have to share bad news. 

Thank you again!
  • Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Matt,

I speak, of course as a native Texan! While I live in Mobile, Alabama, a part of my heart wil always be in Texas. My long-suffering family does not understand. But they put up with it!  HI HI.

Brad
    KE4XJ
  • Bob WØVU
    Bob WØVU Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

It will be.

Bob w0vu

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Quality costs, nothing new.  The PG-XL isn't the highest priced amp either.  Here's one example: https://www.alpharfsystems.com/?page_id=1519

• Art - N4QNT
    Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options

Thank you to all of our loyal FlexRadio customers (Flexers) who have been so patiently waiting for the Power Genius XL (PGXL) amplifiers to arrive.

As you are aware we began shipping the amps in May, and have been slowly rolling out production units after each one completes a rigorous and extensive test/burn in process.

Last month, as more users began exercising the 6-meter (6M) band in the exciting new FT8 mode, units began showing stress in a way not previously experienced. As a result, an issue in the post-amplifier 6M filter was identified. Our engineering team has already identified root cause and incorporated changes into the design to resolve the stress issues with the amp.

Unfortunately, this has further delayed our delivery plan, and at this time we expect to resume shipments in approximately 8 - 10 weeks.

For those individuals who have already received a PGXL we will be rotating each unit through our facility over the the next 6 weeks to address this issue. You will be receiving a more detailed communication in the next few days.

The cost of this process will be completely covered by FlexRadio and the start date of the 2-year warranty period will be reset to the begin when unit is returned following the update, In the meantime, we recommend not running the amp above 500 watts on 6 Meters.

Thank you again to all of the faithful Flexers! If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me at matt@flexradio.com any time.

Best regards,

Matt Youngblood

VP Sales and Marketing

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.