Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Share: What's Your Battery Pack?

Neal Pollack, N6YFM
Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Since the Flex list of Maestro battery packs is short and contains some that no longer are available, I thought we should build a current community list of what people are using in their Maestro, and if they are still available for ordering.

If you are willing to share with the community, please post a reply as follows:

1.  Battery pack model and capacity in mAh:  
2.  Link (URL) for ordering:
3.  Fits inside Maestro (Yes/No):
4.  Auto Starting (no button push needed to turn it on)?:
5.  Run time in hours that you are getting on your Maestro:

This should result in a more usable list for people purchasing a Maestro (like me), since
the advertised capacity is often "alternative fact" in this market :-)

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,

Neal

Answers

• Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    Mogix  10400 mAh
    www.imogix.com
    Perfect fit
    Auto start
    ?? no idea on run time it is for emergency back up only
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Polanfo Mobile Power Model Q5 (12000mAh) is one of my batteries (no longer available?).  However for 3x the price ($59) they sell their newest and best version, the M20000 Power Bank Ultra Slim External Battery for $59.  Here is a link on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/External-Battery-Portable-Charger-More%EF%BC%88Black/dp/B01641KC3I/ref=sr_1_2...

I also have a GETIHU Power Bank Model PB-02 (13000mAh) which is .15" too wide (3.00" is max width) but I can still hold it in place with the Velcro straps (I cannot put on the battery door) .  It works fine and is less money ($19.99)

https://www.amazon.com/External-Battery-Portable-Charger-More%EF%BC%88Black/dp/B01641KC3I/ref=sr_1_2...

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

I posted pictures in a previous Post Titled Maestro Battery Options

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/maestro-battery-options

• W8WD
    W8WD Member
    edited June 2018
    Neal,

After reviewing the batteries available that seemed to fit inside the Maestro and the associated run time, I took a different approach. I focused on finding an external battery that could plug into the Maestro power connector. I want to use the Ethernet cable connection which is not available using an internal battery (Wi-Fi only).

1. MAXOAK 50000mAh 5/12/20v Portable External Battery Bank

2. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6/136-1384624-9689657?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-key...
    3.Does NOT fit inside Maestro=no
    4. NOT Auto starting (has power button)
    5. Run time with Maestro using 1G Ethernet connection 10+ hours
    6. Size = 8.1" x 5.3" x 1.3"
    7. Weight = 2.77 lbs

The battery has a 12v output and the supplied cable plugs directly into the maestro with no adapters.

Best Regards,

Brian/W8WD
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I was lucky enough to find the Polanfo 2000M packs on Amazon back when we were alpha testing the Maestro. I ordered two and reported my findings to Flex and it went on the list of "recommended" packs. Unfortunately it is no longer carried on Amazon or anywhere else I can find.

Dave wo2x

• Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Like David, I also have two of the Polanfo 2000M, but just recently purchased two of the Quslly  20000mAh batteries here:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0792Y6XTP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  They fit in the Maestro, auto start, do not know run time.  I use some of these for other purposes-take them to the beach incase the phone or Bluetooth speaker batteries die.  I am going to take the Maestro to the beach tomorrow for field day.

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019

Jeffery

Nice find, and a nice price.

I bookmarked the link.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I can not take the credit for this as someone posted that battery find a few weeks ago.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    See what happens when you don't read each and every post. image

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yes, David this is a good find.  I ordered a blue one, it arrives Sunday.  With a 20000mAh rating it should last even longer than my other batteries.
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    So I know the Maestro likes 2.5A so the 2.1A from this battery pack isn't an issue?
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    edited June 2018
    Guys Do a run time test when you get that battery. Many vendors lie about specs, and that battery is not twice as large as the 10,000 mah.
  • Mike McIntosh
    Mike McIntosh Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I purchased 16 18650 Lithium Ion batteries and paralleled 4 sets of 4 batteries in series.  Fully charged it is 3.7 volts X 4 batteries = 14.8 volts which is under the 15 volt spec.  Paralleling four packs of four gives me 12 amp hours which lasts a very long time (haven't ever run it long enough to deplete it).

The whole thing fits in a small travel pouch dimensions 4.5" X 7.5" X 2.5".
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    edited June 2018
    Mike:   I can't see clearly if you are using BMS (Battery Management System) boards in there to keep your cells balanced.   Very important for maintaining cell balance to avoid eventual fire.

Neal

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.