Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Down! (6300 - Fan)

2»

Comments

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Electric motor cycle would be interesting. This would be an interesting E-motor for a bike:
    https://www.siemens.com/innovation/en/home/pictures-of-the-future/mobility-and-motors/electromobilit...

350 hp (260KW) in a 50Kg (110#) package. Or put one on each wheel of that Tesla.

_..--
    k3Tim
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I know we're drifting way off topic here, but everyone is having fun. E-bikes are a coming thing, and yeah the new e-Motorcycles are fast. This one has an eco and sports mode, mainly to let noobs get used to them. Grabbing a handful of throttle in sports mode is not for people who aren't used to them. Anyhow, they have a three phase motor, no gears - no drivetrain other than motor to rear wheel. I love my big twin, but I see one of these in my future. Plus my better half didn't balk at the price.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Anyone know what the fans are lubed with at the factory? Haven't had an issue with mine, but I always try to ressurect before sending back to the factory.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    3&1 oil is fine.
  • Rick W7YP
    Rick W7YP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The trick you mentioned to 'kick start' the 50mm fans with a quick power off/on cycle worked a couple of times for me and then never again.  I just experienced by second FPGA fan failure in 18 months and filed another trouble ticket.  Sigh...
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Fan problems with the 6300, 6500 have been common occurances in the past.  They can be replaced by the user if your willing to order OEM replacements.. 
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Or take the fan apart, clean the spindle / bearing and relube with Krytox. It's easy to do and many videos showing the procedure.
  • Joe  N9VX
    Joe N9VX Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Was this a second radio or the same one that failed?

Joe  N9VX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.