Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fast SO2R switching now possible with new 2.2.8

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
As some already have indicated version 2.2.8 is really an improvement also in the field of SO2R switching. I have only tested it in  remote mode (with 4G 30 ms latency) and I can see the difference. Now doubt. So to all CW SO2R Flex users - Christmas seems early this year :)  
Cudos to the Flex team!!  

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    This by far is my favorite like of 2.2. I’ve tested it through several contests and it works excellent.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes this was a big advancement for the contesting group.  I was quite pleased with the improvements that had been a long time coming.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    Oh I see. Great. How short CW delay times do you use without getting timing conflicts when switching? 
  • Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Låter **** det där Kari. Jag ska försöka prova lite SO2R med min 6700 framöver. Kör bara SSB så blir kul se hur det fungerar. Har skaffat ett Expert 1 kFa nu som S&P PA. Ska bara löda upp lite kabel så blir det att prova. /Johan Sorry all English speaking Flexianian friends, regard above as a Swedish language test :)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    Google Translate slays all language barriers (mostly)!

Sounds good that Kari. I will try to try some SO2R with my 6700 in the future. Just drive SSB so it's fun to see how it works. Has acquired an Expert 1 kFa now as S & P PA. Just loose some cable and it will be a try. / Johan
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

This is a little off the subject, but I feel like the folks at Flex are part of the family.

Jim, K6QE

• Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Really close Tim :) I only do SSB, and I have to make a bit of cabling to connect from radio to PA. I hope you recover and get well. Love to be part of this community!
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hello,
    could you provide a list of contesting software, in addition to N1MM, that can support Flex 6000 series in SO2R mode?I am going to learn SO2R mode and any suggestion would be apprecciated.

Thank you very much
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The radio software supports OTRSP so any software that supports OTRSP will work. Ria
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thank you very much.
    From the K1XM web site (http://www.k1xm.org/OTRSP/index.html) it seems they are N1MM, WriteLog and Win-Test

73' Enzo

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited May 2018
    Hej, Ja det är ju ett enorm lyft inte minst ratemässigt. Lycka till! 73
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited May 2018
    Hi I have tested thoroughly on CW DXlog, N1MM and Writelog. All work very well. You better test in advance. In respect to DXlog you need to wait for next release though. 73s 
  • Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ska slå dig en signal i veckan som kommer. Har ju fortfarande inte hämtat mitt 40m kit till HyGain Exp 14 jag köpte förra, eller om det var förr förra sommaren. Ska upp med den snart, så må komma och hämta när jag kommer ner till Sth om några veckor.  73 /Johan

• IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hello,

during the we, as I am too far away from Dayton (HI HI), I developed a small utility that supports OTRSP protocol.
    I like very much 5MContest, a russian contest software, that, for what I know, doesn't support OTRSP.
    My program simply monitor the active (focused) window switching from Radio 1 to Radio 2 as the operator select the related window. It can also configure audio to listen only to the TX focused window, or it can select Stereo or RevStereo audio mode. Configuration is quite simple: you need to set up the beginning text of each window title and the serial port that supports the OTRSP protocol. Actually you can use it with each rig that supports OTRSP protocol and each contest software that uses a separate window for Radio 1 and Radio 2.
    I appreciate a lot the SO2R switching imprevement of 2.2.8 release as well.
    Thank you Ria for your great hint.

73' Enzo
    iw7dmh

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.