Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Diversity on 6600

Neil Rogers
Neil Rogers Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I'm looking at the 6600 as my next radio, connectivity and ability to monitor several digi streams concurrently.

I am looking at  running 2 aerial system on the same band monitoring he same band 6m yagi & Big Wheel. Products like the anan range allows grounding on the 2nd ADC on tx to stop overdriving.   Does the 660 support this feature

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    The diversity capabilities available for the dual SCU models (6700 & 6600(M)) uses both SCUs to digitize two diverse RF signals from separate antennas and the receivers are synchronous (the core requirements for diversity reception).  If full duplex is off, then the antenna not assigned to the transmitter is switched out of the RF signal path. 
  • KS0CW
    KS0CW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Are RXA and RXB switched out when duplex is off and transmitter is keyed?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    Yes.
  • Neil Rogers
    Neil Rogers Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

Many thanks next when approved for sale in EU

Neil G0GGG

• Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    The radios have CE approval.  We will begin shipments to our dealers in the coming weeks.  It shouldn't be too long now.
  • Neil Rogers
    Neil Rogers Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

Thanks for all the information, now ordered M&L looking forward to enjoying the Flex hopefully quite soon

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    OK, am I correct in assuming that if I:
    - press the Diversity button on SSDR, 
    - have my main RX and TX on ANT1 (Ant1 is an OCF dipole) and 
    - Ant2 (same band vertical about 150 feet away) connected to the other SO239 connection 
    that the second SCU is safely disconnected/grounded or otherwise protected when Ant1 goes into transmit?  I usually run a 1200 watt amplifier on Ant 1

I have searched the Community and found this answer but want to be sure.
  • Dave-N9CHM
    Dave-N9CHM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    NEVER MIND...I read Tim's response above and that if full duplex is off, the the 2nd ant is taken out of the RF path with the 1st ant is used for TX.

I sure would like to hear the answer to Bill's question on whether one antenna port (160M dipole) is grounded when transmitting on the 2nd antenna (160M inv L) when using diversity on a 6600M.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.